Any word on Dish price increases?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
We all know it's coming..just don't know how much

Sent from my SM-G920V using the SatelliteGuys app!

IMG_0092.JPG

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: satjay
I chatted last night with a csr, am under contract since the h3 upgrade back when they came out. Was told that was not an available offer, will try dirt later today. Thanks Tampa8 :).
Many members have reported being able to get the Renewal Offer while already under contract, including myself. If the regular customer service routes don't work for you, you may need to call the Office of the President (special department at Dish) to get the deal.

I got my account setup with the 2 year price lock and $10 off AT 250 package, plus $5 off for autopay. I am very pleased so far and am glad the price locks for 2 years. I have had enough of trying out Sling, PS Vue, and recently Directv Now. While those may be good for some, you can't beat the Hopper 3 DVR.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I just did a search through my old e-mails, and I found an e-mail from 12/15/14 that announced how my account would be impacted by the 2015 price increases with a $7 increase. I don't see a Dec. 2015 e-mail about 2016 price increases, but it was on my Dec 2015 bill stating there would be a $5 increase of base packages. So I am guessing we will hear something within the next week. I feel like there is some law in Illinois that we have to be notified before rates increase 30 or 45 days in advance.

Will be interesting to see what Dish raises. I wouldn't be surprised if I had a $7 increase since Dish doesn't have a separate RSN fee. Looking at Direct with the $4-6 base fee increase, plus an increase in the RSN's, I could see Dish doing $6-7.

Huh. I didn't notice that before... How did we all get to be SD Gods? I don't feel like much of a god or I'd declare an immediate decimation of all programming costs, the end of all death, etc. :D

Reactions: osu1991
The offer presently be discussed - $10 off a year for two years and the price frozen for two years is for the Top packages, 120+ and above. So yes you can get that for the Top 250. Flex does not qualify for the $10 off but does for the price freeze. Separate from that is the Autopay discount, you get $5 off flex for using it, and an additional $5 off the Top packages. So total for the Top packages is $15 a month.
If you haven't compared packages in awhile take a look at the Top 200. I had Top 250 or it's other names I believe since I have had DISH. But I realized they moved so many channels down to the Top 200 also that the one or maybe two channels we watch sometimes was not worth $10 more so I saved an additional $10 by getting the Top 200.
So i take this is for a 2 year commitment W/O any upgrade? im confused..

Oh dear lord, don't eliminate death. I have visions of an old sci-fi clip (Star Trek & elsewhere) where worlds are so crowded people are packed together, shuffling in lines.

Unless you eliminated all births, too.

Might want to allow suicide, for when we get tired of it all. We all get jaded with age.

Reactions: TheKrell
So i take this is for a 2 year commitment W/O any upgrade? im confused..

This is not tied to any upgrade. DISH is letting current customers get about the same deal a new customer gets for cost. If you want to upgrade equipment do it at the same time you get the two year deal.

There might be a law in Illinois, but in Florida, Cox has increased my internet bill twice this year by $5 each time and just mailed the new bill without any notice. They also added a monthly cap on usage and a $10 charge if you go over that. My internet bill is now over twice what I pay Dish monthly.

Might want to allow suicide, for when we get tired of it all. We all get jaded with age.

You first! ;) I don't think we would get jaded if we could all be healthy, including our mental health, indefinitely.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts