Any word on Dish price increases?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
There might be a law in Illinois, but in Florida, Cox has increased my internet bill twice this year by $5 each time and just mailed the new bill without any notice. They also added a monthly cap on usage and a $10 charge if you go over that. My internet bill is now over twice what I pay Dish monthly.

I reported the same about Charter in another thread about two increases this year.

So Scott posted in the Comcast forum the increase he saw. Looks like Comcast is doing $5 per package, plus a $2 broadcast TV fee increase, plus a $2 RSN fee increase. (and other various changes) We saw what DirecTV is doing with their packages - about $4-$6 for most packages plus the RSN fee. AT&T U-Verse subscriptions are going up between $2-$8 for basic programming and $1 for almost all their locals. Seeing all this, I would be shocked if my Dish bill only goes up by $5.

Reactions: jamesjimcie
Good to go here with the 2 yr discounted price lock offer and auto pay credit.

Thanks to Tampa8 for all the info, DIRT for making it happen and Scott for the site that keeps on saving us money time and time again. :)

Reactions: Tampa8 and TheKrell
Good to go here with the 2 yr discounted price lock offer and auto pay credit.

Thanks to Tampa8 for all the info, DIRT for making it happen and Scott for the site that keeps on saving us money time and time again. :)

Me too. I never use this term, but in this case it fits. These guys (and some gals in DIRT) are AWESOME. :D

So Scott posted in the Comcast forum the increase he saw. Looks like Comcast is doing $5 per package, plus a $2 broadcast TV fee increase, plus a $2 RSN fee increase. (and other various changes) We saw what DirecTV is doing with their packages - about $4-$6 for most packages plus the RSN fee. AT&T U-Verse subscriptions are going up between $2-$8 for basic programming and $1 for almost all their locals. Seeing all this, I would be shocked if my Dish bill only goes up by $5.
Would you say the negotiations are working if it is only $5 through Dish across the board.

Reactions: jamesjimcie
Are there any DISH retailers who can report on tomorrows Retailer Chat?

Just found out I will be out of my office from 10 am until sometime after 2 pm, so I will not be able to watch and report it live. If you can help out let me know! Thanks!

Found this-

Dish Network, which has managed to avoid imposing broadcast and RSN surcharges in the past, couldn’t hold out any longer as retrans fees continue to soar.

“The largest cost for Dish is the amount we pay programmers,” Dish said in a statement. “The fastest growing programming costs relate to local channels. We work hard for fair deals that keep channel costs as low as possible. Unfortunately, Dish and all other TV providers have had to accept some significant price increases from programmers. Dish is absorbing some of these costs rather than passing everything on to our customers.”

Beginning in January, Dish is separating out the charges for local channels from its core programming package, to show customers the impact of rising charges.

“To offset this change, we have reduced core programming package charges by $5 per month,” Dish said in an email message. “However, the combined impact of these changes will result in a $5 increase to the monthly bill.”

http://www.multichannel.com/news/distribution/cable-fees-set-rise-new-year/409676

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

So, the way I interpret that using Top 250 as an example. The Top 250 package will go down from $89.99 to $84.99, but there is going to be a $10 locals charge (or $5 locals and $5 RSN charge as separate line items), and the net results is Top 250 would be $94.99? I would be fine with that if I could choose to opt out of the locals like we used to be able to do. If there is only a $5 increase, that is better than a lot of the other providers. Will be interested to see what comes out later today from the Retailer chat. Dish will have to change the advertising on their website when comparing other providers: https://www.dish.com/dish-vs-directv/

Reactions: pattykay
So, that contract I just signed, reducing the cost of my programming package by $10 per month, will be offset by a $10 separate fee for locals? Cool.

Reactions: Troch77

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)