Any word on NBR?

jlhugh

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 25, 2003
Austin, Texas, United States
Now that we are in the middle of summer I thought I would ask. Fall is coming up and if NBR is not going to be here before all the shows start back up I am going to get a 522 or 625 to replace my 501 & 510 so I can have it. Plus it wil actually save me $5 a month.

Shadowtester said:
The 522 625 and 942 all have NBR last I heard there are no current plans for NBR on 501 51X DVRs
Not according to Mr Ergen..but what does that mean any way

Well, it was suppose to be summer or fall and we are coming up on fall. If they are not going to do it then I wish they would nut up and tell everybody. I am tired of them dragging it out.

Well its been on then off then on again then off now I guess its on again untill then next Tech Chat when someone will ask again and Charlie will change his mind again. I would not expect it untill I see it my guess will be we will be on Mpeg 4 before that happens.

P.S.
Just my opinon and you know what they say about opinions they are like A** Holes everyone has one and they all stink. :)

2nd Note.

Lets look at this from a economic position like Dish Network does. They have a relatively stable older tech PVR box which they are not trying to sell any more. Do you want to sink alot of money in developing new software for it to and the newest features when the box could be obsolete within 2 years. Especially if we want to get the people to upgrade to our newer PVR and pay more fees so we can make more money. So my guess would be that dish will keep stringing the owners of the 501's 51x series boxes along untill the switch over to mpeg4 so they do not get to un-happy and maybe they will get some of the owners to upgrade while waiting which means more money to them.

jlhugh said:
Well, it was suppose to be summer or fall and we are coming up on fall. If they are not going to do it then I wish they would nut up and tell everybody. I am tired of them dragging it out.
I agree that they've been dragging it out. But summer started last month; there are still two months left until fall.

Any recent word on retrofit of NBR to Dish DVRs that don't currently have it? (i.e will Charlie keep his promise? :D )

video62 said:
Any recent word on retrofit of NBR to Dish DVRs that don't currently have it? (i.e will Charlie keep his promise? :D )
I wouldn't hold my breath. (and I want NBR on my 501 and 721).

I'm expecting more disappointment :(

I guess people missed the question on the last tech chat. They answered that were working to meet the promise to provide it by the end of the year
:-(

Ah memory, such a slippery thing. First Fall 2004, then Feb 2005, June 2005, Sept 2005 and now Dec 2005. All the time they are are working hard to fulfill their original promise to provide NBR on the 50X by <insert convenient date in future here>

Yep, I want it too, but agree that we will probably never see it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)