Any word on OLN? Not Yet.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Echtostar Communications Corporation LLC.

We at Echtostar are proud to announce the return of OLN to our channel lineup. However, we are only broadcasting OLN in mpeg-4, so only the newer VIP series of receivers can view this channel.

We regret any inconvenience this may cause the other 9, 998,000 customers, but we have never thought that customer satisfaction was a priority anyway.

Thank you for being a loyal Wish Network customer.

[PIE]:p :p
:p :p [/PIE]

Sorry... I'm feeling contrary tonight... :devil:

Disclaimer:
This is not an official Echostar release and has no affiliation with the real Dish Network or Echostar.

I really didn't miss OLN... FOr the life of me, I can't recall one show I've ever watched. I think I would rather have GUY-TV back. I need my HDTV screen cleaned. ;)

I'll just say this, it is the ONLY thing I didn't like about E*. To cut the network that was adding of a top 4 sport, instead of working for an agreement but alot of hockey fans in jeopardy, let alone others that enjoyed the network.

I think it is great that they still worked at it and finally came to an agreement in time for the playoffs.

I just hope they mellow some of their negotation taticts. The Lifetime thing, Viacom last year, and OLN, they are very tough nose.

Yeah, that's basically what it was.

Dish saying hockey wasn't worth the extra money and they weren't gonna pay it when they felt most of their customers didn't care.

But of course dish didn't make a big stink about upping the NFL Network contract to pay extra for the NFL games next year...

Oh, great! Another channel I will have to go in and block. I will watch hockey on my RSN or on NBC, but I refuse to watch it on OLN. The channel is such a piece of crap! Maybe I will just outdoors when it's on!!!!!!

BFG said:
But of course dish didn't make a big stink about upping the NFL Network contract to pay extra for the NFL games next year...

I wouldn't doubt that deal pushed OLN to make the deal that Charlie wanted.
They were losing a lot of eyes that could be pushed to advertisers.

grb said:
This is the most logical time to make a deal ... it will be a win-win situation for both parties!

Maybe a win-win for Dish and Comcast, but meanwhile the subscribers got screwed. They were paying for OLN, Dish pulled the channel, then on top of it raised the rates!

Another little tid-bit of info that points us in the right direction, Channel 151 is no longer FTA to MPEG2 FTA Receivers. Looking at the reports, this happened at about 11pm

(for those unfamiliar, this does not affect Dish receivers)

See ya
Tony

HokieEngineer said:
It is a 8psk TP, but there are already three video feeds on it. HDPPV/HDEvents/NFLHD/NBAHD share one, and the other two are HBOHD and TNTHD. So, only one program can be active on those sharing channels :).

I found this on another website (screen cap), looks like OLN is definitely coming back!

oln4zo.jpg

WOWSERS!!! GOOD NEWS :) BTW CHNL 151 still shows as test.. with no epg programming.. but it is there and being a good little place holder :)

Good that OLN is coming back. I watch it for the Tour and PBR. Hopefully they will get the HD feed also.

Look at how fast Dish got Altitude on their service, so Charlie could watch his local Avs play. But since pretty much no Avs game is on OLN, why did he care...

Wow! This morning I was watching the news while getting ready for work and just happened to check 151 and was a little upset that there was no OLN, especially after the rumors.

Then I log on at work to find out we are getting it back! This is great news, especially for the PBR and Tour fans.

My only complaint is that I wish they'd turn it on today sometime, in time for the 10:00 (ET) start of the Ducks-Flames game! Oh well, I'm just happy to have it back.

ride525 said:
Maybe a win-win for Dish and Comcast, but meanwhile the subscribers got screwed. They were paying for OLN, Dish pulled the channel, then on top of it raised the rates!

it was not Dish' fault, OLN wanted their programming in AT 120 and OLN pulled the plug on Dish violating their contract. Why would you even think to side with Comcast on that?

masterdeals said:
adding of a top 4 sport,

don't get me wrong as i am a big hockey fan, but hockey is not a top four sport anymore. it has lower ratings than poker. there are really only three top sports right now, football, baseball, and nascar.

masterdeals said:
adding of a top 4 sport,

don't get me wrong as i am a big hockey fan, but hockey is not a top four sport anymore. it has lower ratings than poker. there are really only three top sports right now, football, baseball, and nascar.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)