Any word on OLN? Not Yet.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Scott ,since Charlie seems to be pulling sports channels out of his hat of tricks any word on YES?

I'm skeptical. Why would Dish announce the return of OLN on a FTA slide only a few people can see? I don't believe this until I see a news release from Dish or Comcast.

riffjim4069 said:
Nice to see OLN returning to the Dish Network lineup, but...
we all know the Detroit Red Wings are going to take back the Stanley Cup!!!:)

We all know this is not true. Wings vs Sharks in the second round and we all know what Sharks did to the wings several times in playoffs.

By the way, any ideas what channel(s) OLN will be on.

ehren said:
it was not Dish' fault, OLN wanted their programming in AT 120 and OLN pulled the plug on Dish violating their contract. Why would you even think to side with Comcast on that?

Actually it was Dish the pulled the plug on OLN.

OLN blacked out the hockey games to Dish, trying to force Dish to change the contract terms. Within a couple of days, Dish pulled OLN from their line-up.

ride525 said:
Actually it was Dish the pulled the plug on OLN.
OLN blacked out the hockey games to Dish, trying to force Dish to change the contract terms. Within a couple of days, Dish pulled OLN from their line-up.

Didn't Comcast try to force E* to put OLN on AT60 without adjusting the carriage fee? There was something in the contract about no NHL games unless OLN was offered on a "basic" package.

riffjim4069 said:
Nice to see OLN returning to the Dish Network lineup, but...
we all know the Detroit Red Wings are going to take back the Stanley Cup!!!:)

Yes, but don't you want to see them do it?!!!!? Go Wings!!!

If it does come back we will know what tier it is on but we will never know the other details of the deal. If you are a hockey fan just enjoy it. If not well ignore it I guess.

Ducks games 5 and 7 (if needed) will be carried locally on KDOC-TV ch 56 - preempting a Matlock rerun or an infomercial no doubt. Those will probably be the highest rated programs on that channel all year

Weezknight said:
Wow! This morning I was watching the news while getting ready for work and just happened to check 151 and was a little upset that there was no OLN, especially after the rumors.

Then I log on at work to find out we are getting it back! This is great news, especially for the PBR and Tour fans.

My only complaint is that I wish they'd turn it on today sometime, in time for the 10:00 (ET) start of the Ducks-Flames game! Oh well, I'm just happy to have it back.

Me, too, but I wish I could see the Wings today at 4:00 p.m. PDT. Ducks/Flames are on FSN here at 7:00 p.m.

Thanks to everyone who persisted in pressuring Charlie in getting OLN back! And putting up with the flaming of those subscribers who belittled our interest in hockey, cycling or other "non-mainstream" sports on these forums.

They don't have to watch hockey or any of the other "non-mainstream" sports on OLN-- they can go back to watching the World Series of Poker or whatever it is that ESPN is showing as "mainstream" in place of hockey for the next two months...

Suppafreak said:
We all know this is not true. Wings vs Sharks in the second round and we all know what Sharks did to the wings several times in playoffs.

By the way, any ideas what channel(s) OLN will be on.
Sharks? And just how many Stanley Cups have they won? Seriously, the Wings have all the ingredients in place this year...as do the Pistons (both talent and health). I will be surprised if both teams do not win their respective Championships. I would love to see Steve Yzerman go out on top!

I think OLN is supposed to be on channel 151.

Weezknight said:
Didn't Comcast try to force E* to put OLN on AT60 without adjusting the carriage fee? There was something in the contract about no NHL games unless OLN was offered on a "basic" package.

At least partially right, according to what I've heard and read. Since now had hockey, Comcast wanted Dish to carry OLN on more of it's tiers (I think Comcast wanted at least 40% of Dish's subscriber to have OLN.) Dish apparently said no (they felt they had a current contract), OLN blacked out hockey to Dish, and Dish pulled OLN completely.

Last edited:
Now wait for the spin doctors to take over. DISH will take credit for bringing it back, just like the fiasco with Lifetime. Meanwhile, as noted above, we have been paying for a channel not presented, and missing the events only covered by OLN. I am not happy with either E* or Comcast, but at least OLN will soon be back.

So any hint if OLN will still be no the 180 tier or if they agreed to carry it on 120? How long does an upgrade from to 180 take? I don't want to miss Monday's Stars game.

No one seems to know anything about what tier yet.

Wow, what a bunch of crybabies...

Charlie raised my bill! I'm ticked.
Charlie won't carry _____ channel like I want, he's so cheap! I'm ticked.
Charlie added a channel I don't want to watch! I'm ticked.

This is the way he negotiates. He yanks the channel until the programmers ad prices plummet due to a lack of available eyeballs. THEN he cuts a better deal (ie. Lifetime). The inconvenience of not having your channel for a while is temporary, the lower rates keep the whining hordes from storming the castle.

The only channel he refuses to pay for is YES, which I am sure is due to Steinbrenner refusing to play ball......

Actually, the one thing Steinbrenner DOES respond to is watching the Mets do better than him... If the Mets do well AND have an extra couple million of eyeballs taking HIS ad dollars (in his mind), then look for a resolution, although I would not expect it for several more months. In Charlie's mind, all of the Yankee fans have already left for D*, and he won't give away the farm unless he can get what he thinks is a fair deal (and since he offered to GIVE George a channel slot AND offer 100% of the proceeds for nothing but uplink costs, and yet get rejected, I wouldn't hold my breath....)

As for Hockey, I could care less until the playoffs start. Voila, the playoffs are here and hockey is back on E*. Kudos, Charlie. The D* fanboys are muttering to themselves about losing another advantage of D* vs. E*....

correct, or do it online, but that has screwed up on people before

I think we are getting out hopes way high. I hope this not going to be the same story as it was with HGTV HD couple of weeks ago. Everybody was saying "HGTV HD IS COMING, HGTV HD IS COMING!!!", but it never came.

I believe it when I see it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)