Any Word On Setanta Sport??

or has Sentanta disappeared from the a la carte section on Dish Network's site?

Not just you, and that's why you never count your chickens with Dish until they've actually announced a channel.

OTOH, it might just be that they were getting a lot of calls trying to order Setanta and weren't ready.

Depressing, nonetheless.

=NLK=

Incredible. I haver just spent 2 hours with the idiots at Dish who told me I must be seeing things. I told them about Setanta being on the Al la carte page last night and it dissapearing today. As usual, no one knew what the hell I was talking about....I gave up after spelling Setanta about 20 times.

I thought it was to good to be true..... BTW, what up with the LA Galaxy game tonight only being shown on a spanish channel .........

Had confirmation from SS that the launch is still planned. Dish were receiving a fair few calls, and couldn't provide any info at the moment, so decided to remove it.

The August 1st date has been confirmed not only by Setanta, but also from highly placed sources at Dish.

Every time someone calls during July, it costs Dish some money, so I'm sure they removed it from the web site to stop the early calls.

Hope all this hubbub doesn't stop our source from being helpful in the future.
People have been told to WAIT UNTIL AUGUST 1st to call.

So, be patient everyone. Call on AUGUST 1st!, and not before.

THANKS!

BTW, what up with the LA Galaxy game tonight only being shown on a spanish channel .........

Last night's match was a SuperLiga match, which in time will hopefully become the North American equivalent of the UEFA Champions League. As such, I don't think ESPN has the rights to it, nor does anyone else hold the English rights from what I can see. I would think that'd be a natural for Fox Soccer Channel, but so far I see nothing other than the matches being on TeleFutura.

I hope/think that's the case with Setanta on Dish - If you search the site it's still there just when you click the link the ad has gone.

I am about to move into a new house, in my last house I had both DirecTV and Dish Network.

DirecTV is pretty crappy, software is slow and clunky etc and I don't really want two dishes on the side of my new house.

I'll wait until August 1st before making the decision, best case scenario is this goes through with Dish!

Thanks chaps.

Last night's match was a SuperLiga match, which in time will hopefully become the North American equivalent of the UEFA Champions League. As such, I don't think ESPN has the rights to it, nor does anyone else hold the English rights from what I can see. I would think that'd be a natural for Fox Soccer Channel, but so far I see nothing other than the matches being on TeleFutura.

I was there last weekend for the Chelsea game and to see Becks, we have Im afraid become Galaxy fans...ish. I watched the game last night with the very annoying Spanish commentary....cant do that to often. I would have thought with Beckham in the team it would also be in English somewhere...I know he didnt play, but he will.

Also, a bit dissapointing that no one picked up the Man U games in China? In this day and age, surely you should be able to watch what you want as long as you are prepared to pay???

I will hang on to the 1st August to see what happens, Im already all wired with Dish, I just stopped using them when they wouldnt get Setanta sorted out last season. At least we get TeleFutura free with Brighthouse here in Orlando.

I'll wait until August 1st before making the decision, best case scenario is this goes through with Dish!
It's still uplinked for testing on the same Channel 406 that was mentioned in the web page.
These days, it takes more time to school phone reps (12,000 miles away) about what a "Setanta" is, than it takes the engineers to uplink the channel...

August 1st seems to be a big date.

Could be that Setanta isn't permitted (by some agreement) to transmit via Dish before then. Or it could be that Dish is still negotiating (deciding) and that's the deadline. I can't really think of any other reasons why Dish wouldn't have already announced Setanta (even if only to say "available August 1st").

I mean, isn't money sooner better than money later? :)

=NLK=

You'd think that with all the calls to DISH asking about Setanta since it was shown on their website, they would want to make it available for their customers as soon as possible.

August 1st seems to be a big date.

Could be that Setanta isn't permitted (by some agreement) to transmit via Dish before then. Or it could be that Dish is still negotiating (deciding) and that's the deadline. I can't really think of any other reasons why Dish wouldn't have already announced Setanta (even if only to say "available August 1st").
The negotiations ended successfully weeks ago.

The delay is simply to add the channel to the accounting and authorization software, and more importantly to try and explain to thousands of phone reps what a "Setanta" is.

If they announce that it is available, then many more people would call the reps and use up their time for no reason.

I was there last weekend for the Chelsea game and to see Becks, we have Im afraid become Galaxy fans...ish. I watched the game last night with the very annoying Spanish commentary....cant do that to often. I would have thought with Beckham in the team it would also be in English somewhere...I know he didnt play, but he will.

Also, a bit dissapointing that no one picked up the Man U games in China? In this day and age, surely you should be able to watch what you want as long as you are prepared to pay???

I will hang on to the 1st August to see what happens, Im already all wired with Dish, I just stopped using them when they wouldnt get Setanta sorted out last season. At least we get TeleFutura free with Brighthouse here in Orlando.

I believe that Manchester United's Asian Tour matches are being shown on MUTV on delay. Setanta carries both Chelsea TV and MUTV, so they would be available there after it shows up on Setanta.

I did some checking on SoccerTV.com and could find no English language broadcasts of SuperLiga. It doesn't matter anyway as the rumblings are that Beckham will not play again until the Galaxy's next league match which is on the road at Toronto. This way he gets more time to treat his ankle and regain match fitness. Also, it'll allow his teammates to learn that they actually have to run into open space because he's going to pass the ball where they're supposed to be, not where they presently are.

Baby steps... at least the crowd at the ToolBox on Saturday was good. Now if only I could figure out a way to get out of that blasted stadium in less than an hour!

The negotiations ended successfully weeks ago.

Look, I want the channel as much as you do, maybe even more :) but there is no evidence as to when (if) negotiations have ended. Neither Dish nor Setanta has made any announcement to that effect and no one in a position to know would post that information on the Internet.

The delay is simply to add the channel to the accounting and authorization software, and more importantly to try and explain to thousands of phone reps what a "Setanta" is.

If they announce that it is available, then many more people would call the reps and use up their time for no reason.

Again, this would need to be a guess as no one in a position to know has said or even hinted at this as the reason. But I would doubt it as then we would never see Dish make an announcement about a channel before it was available. I know I would worry a lot more about the majority of subscribers calling to ask "where are HistoryHD, DiscoveryHD, AnimalPlanetHD and all the other channels you announced?" than a relatively small number of soccer fanatics calling about Setanta. And "train reps"? When did this start?

Of course, you could turn out to be right. It doesn't make any difference as long as we get the channel, and it certainly looks promising with 406 uplinked and the ephemeral Setanta logo on the Dish site. It's just that the lack of an Announcement coupled with Scott's silence (he is right more often than wrong and usually has a sense of these things) is curious.

We'll see.

=NLK=

There was also an announcement in the Dish subs magazine i receive. It was promoting SS as a free taster for certain events during August on ch.284.

Don't get me wrong. Chances are it's coming. I just think it's odd that Dish hasn't made an announcement when they have done so with other channels. Perhaps we'll find out after the fact but I don't really care as long as we get Setanta.

=NLK=

'Now if only I could figure out a way to get out of that blasted stadium in less than an hour!"

You dont....you do what we did....bribe the kid on the entrance to the VIP club, go in, have a great dinner and a bottle of wine, watch the game with an incredible view...then hang around and see the players when they come up. By that time, everyone has gone and your driver is waiting patiently downstairs to take you back to your hotel.....

Look, I want the channel as much as you do, maybe even more :) but there is no evidence as to when (if) negotiations have ended. Neither Dish nor Setanta has made any announcement to that effect and no one in a position to know would post that information on the Internet.

You must have missed the post above at:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/962498-post246.html

And there is an equivalent reply from the regular Setanta email address in some thread (not sure if that one is here or another Forum).

Remember that there are a lot of people on vacation during the summer, and with all the stuff going on August 15th (new HD channels, etc), I suspect that E* had people go on vacation during July. So, that might explain why there is no press releases and so forth.

Also remember that if E* understood the true level of interest in this channel, they would have added it a year or two ago, so the lack of PR regarding it is no surprise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)