Any Word On Setanta Sport??

Someone out there has to have some juice on whether this is in the plans for Comcast?

I feel for you, but look how many sleepless nights we have had fretting about whether E* was going to get Setanta. I am afraid worrying about Comcast just doesn't bother anybody right now. It is like finally getting the hottest woman on the block after years of pursuing her, then 2 seconds after getting it on with her you ask if her hot friend will join in next time.

Welcome to the boards fkent484. I was only joking.....:)
It looks as though your questions were answered. If you are a footy fan, I highly recommend this channel in addition to the top 250 plus HD programming. This will give you the most football viewing available that I know of.

Good luck.

Well, after almost a year break with Dish, we are back on and the picture is great even though its pissing down here in Orlando...letas hope it was all worth it and we get some great Football this season.

Can't wait until tomorrow... the soccer seasons are getting underway, so just in time, Setanta and DISH. Thank you!

Does anybody know if the Bundesliga will be televised in the States this year, on Setanta or elsewhere? SoccerTV.com doesn't list any games for the weekend of the 10th of August on any channel, not even proSieben or Setanta. That's the start of the German Bundesliga...

Does anybody know if the Bundesliga will be televised in the States this year, on Setanta or elsewhere?

It was available last year and afaik this on Gol TV, which isn't ala carte just on Dish 250. All that is now missing is Espn Deportes A la Carte and I'll have all the soccer available. Again sans Fox World or other int'l carriers.

I feel like one of those ladies in a Mervyn's commercial standing at the door saying "Open! Open! Open!", in my waiting for Setanta to show up.

As of 3AM Pacific, nothing. Bastards! I hope it goes live soon...I want to see Manchester United v. Inter this afternoon.

Open! Open! Open!

So it's channel 406 right ? It's after 7 am and still nothing. I've got the top 250. Did they forget about today being 8/1 ?

I checked before leaving for work half an hour ago and I even did a check switch in order to redownload the program guide, but no Setanta yet. It's also not in the free preview area either. :confused:

I feel like one of those ladies in a Mervyn's commercial standing at the door saying "Open! Open! Open!", in my waiting for Setanta to show up.

As of 3AM Pacific, nothing. Bastards! I hope it goes live soon...I want to see Manchester United v. Inter this afternoon.

Open! Open! Open!

Actually, for me it's more like Elizabeth Taylor in front of the microwave shouting: Hurry! Hurry!. But same idea.

Frankly, I wouldn't worry (yet). While there was no official announcement it appears a number of people were told via e-mail, by both Dish and Setanta, that the channel was coming. Even Scott posted that it would be on free preview. While not guarantees it does seem likely that the channel is coming.

However, there was less unanimity on WHEN. August 1st, August 2nd, beginning of August? Who knows? Again, even Scott's post just gave an end date for the preview, not a beginning date.

Actually, I never expected it to pop up @12:01AM today. As a matter of fact, I believe the last few new channels have come on sometime during the day. So I'd wait a bit longer. Even if it's not on today it might be tomorrow (I think I read Aug. 2nd as one of the dates). If it isn't on by EOB TOMORROW, well, then, I'd worry a bit.

=NLK=

Actually, for me it's more like Elizabeth Taylor in front of the microwave shouting: Hurry! Hurry!. But same idea.

Frankly, I wouldn't worry (yet). While there was no official announcement it appears a number of people were told via e-mail, by both Dish and Setanta, that the channel was coming. Even Scott posted that it would be on free preview. While not guarantees it does seem likely that the channel is coming.

However, there was less unanimity on WHEN. August 1st, August 2nd, beginning of August? Who knows? Again, even Scott's post just gave an end date for the preview, not a beginning date.

Actually, I never expected it to pop up @12:01AM today. As a matter of fact, I believe the last few new channels have come on sometime during the day. So I'd wait a bit longer. Even if it's not on today it might be tomorrow (I think I read Aug. 2nd as one of the dates). If it isn't on by EOB TOMORROW, well, then, I'd worry a bit.

=NLK=

Having talked to a few people at Setanta, I know for sure that it's supposed to come on today. It'll be turned on with the rest of the activity that happens on Wednesdays, it's just a matter of waiting for that activity to take place. The majority of activity last week took place around 10AM Eastern, so I figure it'll happen around then.

People at Dish still dont know anything about Setanta. Not on any lists for today according to them??????

Having talked to a few people at Setanta, I know for sure that it's supposed to come on today. It'll be turned on with the rest of the activity that happens on Wednesdays, it's just a matter of waiting for that activity to take place. The majority of activity last week took place around 10AM Eastern, so I figure it'll happen around then.

More like around 2:00 PM Eastern time. I hope they turn it on today.

Not that I'm really interested in soccer, but is Setanta uplinked already? Is it just a matter of making the channel available for viewing?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts