Any Word On Setanta Sport??

OK. Being as crazy as I am I HAD to check around: the announcement (apparently authored by the keyboard-challenged) is on the Setanta site, under subscribe now. I don't know how to do those link thingies, but at least there's SOMETHING.

=NLK=

NEW! channel 406 on Dish Network, Setanta Sports! The call letters are SETA. Preview Showroom: 284. There is a Free Preview from August 1st to September 9th 2007. To order the NEW! channel 406 on Dish Network, Setanta Sports! The call letters are SETA. Preview Showroom: 284. There is a Free Preview from August 1st to September 9th 2007.

Setanta Sports North America - Setanta Sports

I just got off the phone with AT&T, and I was able to add Setanta to my package with no problems. As stated before, it's $14.99/month on channel 406. I can't wait to get home from work to see it on. :)

Guys, guys...uplink changes are usually made on Wednesdays starting at about 12.30pm CST. It could happen any time but most likely it will happen after 12.30.

I just got off the phone with AT&T, and I was able to add Setanta to my package with no problems. As stated before, it's $14.99/month on channel 406. I can't wait to get home from work to see it on. :)

Why pay 14.99 now for 406, while you can get it free for 1 month on 284.

284 is up. First programming is at 5 pm ET.

A couple of people over on BS are reporting they have it now on 406 (although they may have called up and ordered it). I'm in the office now anyway so it makes no difference to me if it starts at 5PM; only thing is recording is probably tougher if you don't have an EPG.

=NLK=

Same here...I was waiting until 5 PM EST to watch it on 284, but I clicked on 406 to see what happens and it is coming in. If anyone wants to watch the United v Inter match, you can.

I have a question. I thought that between FSC and Setanta we would have every English Premier League match this season. However, I was searching for the Arsenal v. Fulham match next Sunday and neither channel is carrying it so far. Does anyone know where this game will be shown, and am I mistaken in thinking we would get every EPL game?

Sun Aug 12 03:55AM Pacific
Sun Aug 12 04:55AM Mountain
Sun Aug 12 05:55AM Central
Sun Aug 12 06:55AM Eastern
Length: 2 hr 5 min LIVE
Setanta Sports USA Xtra (DirecTV Channel 670)
English Premier League
Arsenal vs Fulham

from soccertv.com

Thanks for the help. It has been said that Setanta Xtra will not be coming to Dish and will be phased out eventually correct? Isn't there typically only 2 matches on Sunday?

Thanks for the help. It has been said that Setanta Xtra will not be coming to Dish and will be phased out eventually correct? Isn't there typically only 2 matches on Sunday?
There are usually 2 Sunday matches, this first week there are 3. Unfortunately Arsenal seems to be the one not carried, I hope it ends up on Dish.

I have a question. I thought that between FSC and Setanta we would have every English Premier League match this season. However, I was searching for the Arsenal v. Fulham match next Sunday and neither channel is carrying it so far. Does anyone know where this game will be shown, and am I mistaken in thinking we would get every EPL game?

There has never been any attempt to get every league match on TV over here. You're going to get most of them though and even with the occasional missed match, we get more football on TV here than they do back in the UK.

I'm unsure of the criteria for determining who gets bumped on Sundays when there are three matches, but the televised windows are usually that the 1:30pm / 2:00pm kickoff goes to Setanta and the 4pm kickoff goes to Fox. A match that falls at the inbetween kickoff time, usually 3pm, isn't televised live unless it's on Xtra.

As it is, Arsenal are going to be affected by this for each of the first two Sundays of league play as they have a 12pm kickoff on the first Sunday and a 3pm kickoff on the 2nd weekend according to the BBC's fixture list. The affected fixtures for the first half of the season so far appear to be:

Sunday 12 Aug - Arsenal v. Fulham
Sunday 19 Aug - Blackburn v. Arsenal
Sunday 02 Sep - Blackburn v. Man City (City are a massive club)
Sunday 23 Sep - Aston Villa v Everton & Bolton v Tottenham

Sunday 7 October will be really wild as there are 7 matches that day due to European qualifying with one kickoff at 12pm, one at 2pm, four at 3pm and one 4pm. I have no clue how that day is going to shake out.

I will check with my contacts at Setanta and see if there are any plans for replaying that match later in the day on the main Setanta or some other contingency plan in effect.

Oh, all times are kickoff times in the UK, so make your adjustments accordingly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)