Any Word On Setanta Sport??

Scott,

Last week you told me this:
"It will come to dish however it will be a few weeks until we see it."

This sounds exactly what Eric Sahl is saying now. However, now you claim it won't come to Dish until May (when the EPL is over).

Is this your new stance so you can pimp more ITVN? I hate to call you on the carpet, but which is it?

I heard talks have stalled.

Look at Eric Stahl's own writings. It went from good news soon til Mid September.

I am not versed on EPL, but doesnt the league only last few a few months? I thought it ended in September. (I might be wrong)

I am not pimping ITVN just because we get money for each person that signs up. While that is nice I am pimping it because of the Technology and how good it is, and because it has the service you guys are begging for and whining because you don't have it yet.

Sometimes if you really want something then you need to go get it, you can't sit on your hands and hope some guy in a suit in an office in denver does it for you.

if you are a true fan of EPL you will do what you need to do to see the games.

I invite everyone to try ITVN for themselves free for 30 days, you will amazed with the technology, I have said this before this is the future of Television. (Hell even Dish Network thinks so, what do you think the ethernet port is for on the VIP series of receivers) :)

I should also note that I would probably still pimp ITVN even we were not getting money from them, its great technology and it has what you are looking for today and the best part is you dont need to change Satellite providers.

Last edited:
Great points Scott. I obviously over-reacted. I shouldn't have posted what we talked about privately on the public boards, but when I heard what you said, obviously I took it the wrong way.

You are absolutely right when you say if you want something, you should go get it. I will give Dish till mid September, then after that I will have no choice but to go to ITVN.

Thanks again for your candor Scott.

PS, for what it is worth, Jessica at Setanta sent me this today:
"I actually don't know any of the specifics, but we really hope to have a deal worked out by mid-September. That is if everyone can agree on terms. I'm not trying to keep you in the dark but these negotiations are sensitive and most of us at the company aren't privy to more info than what I've given you."

I don't see any Man. Utd. games on the horizon for FSC. I do, however, see that almost all, if not all, Chelsea games have been aired thus far. I've seen Arsenal, Liverpool, and Tottenham Spurs game in the EPG at least once thus far, but no Man. Utd. game at all. Not even this Saturday. It'd be nice to mix it up so that Setanta viewers can watch Chelsea play as well.

Now I want to keep DISH because in the Top 180 package, I can get FSC and Gol TV without having to sub to a $12 or less Sports Pack that DirecTV charges to be able to watch FSC and Gol TV. If you add Sports Pack to Total Choice Plus, your minimum bill with locals would be $61.99 vs $54.99 with locals for DISH. So this is why I don't want to switch to DirecTV. They're priced higher. I'd rather wait a few weeks to watch Setanta on DISH. But now would be much, much better. :D

Scott Greczkowski said:
I heard talks have stalled.

Look at Eric Stahl's own writings. It went from good news soon til Mid September.

I am not versed on EPL, but doesnt the league only last few a few months? I thought it ended in September. (I might be wrong)

I am not pimping ITVN just because we get money for each person that signs up. While that is nice I am pimping it because of the Technology and how good it is, and because it has the service you guys are begging for and whining because you don't have it yet.

Sometimes if you really want something then you need to go get it, you can't sit on your hands and hope some guy in a suit in an office in denver does it for you.

if you are a true fan of EPL you will do what you need to do to see the games.

I invite everyone to try ITVN for themselves free for 30 days, you will amazed with the technology, I have said this before this is the future of Television. (Hell even Dish Network thinks so, what do you think the ethernet port is for on the VIP series of receivers) :)

I should also note that I would probably still pimp ITVN even we were not getting money from them, its great technology and it has what you are looking for today and the best part is you dont need to change Satellite providers.
What is IVTN?

You just joined to spam the forums with your affiliate links then huh?
Hopefully someone from ITVN will pull your affiliate account for spamming.

You have posted the exact same message in 6 threads here - as well as spamming the same message at several other online forums ...

Re-read your affiliate agreement.

Joining sites to specifically promote an affiliate link is spam .. simple as that.

As a break from spamming, here is "the latest" regarding Dish and Setanta.

In the past week I've had a few very nice email exchanges with a few people at Setanta. Among them are their President of North American Operationsand their Director of Operations.

The word from Setanta is very simple -- they are obligated to offer Setanta Sport on absolutely the same terms as their DirecTV contract to any satellite or cable television provider that they strike a deal with. So they cannot offer to put the channel on the AT 180 or Everything Pack with GolTV and FSC to Dish Network even if that was what Dish wanted and if it would make Setanta shedloads of money. Whatever DirecTV has is what Dish and any other provider will get. In other words, they are prohibited from offering better terms to Dish or cable than they offer to DirecTV.

According to Setanta they are close to some cable deals right now as well as other IPTV deals in addition to the one they have with ITVN.

As usual, Chuck is trying to drive a bargain for a better deal, but they can't offer it to him. From the sounds of things they would like to do so, but they can't without breaking their contract. They and DirecTV are also happy with their present deal and have already exceeded their three-year goals in terms of subscribers, etc. So they have no need to piss off their largest distributor.

As one Setanta exec told me, "The problem is squarely in Dish's hands" and as soon as they decide to sign off on those terms, the channel will be on ASAP.

So that's the latest. Knowing such I'm surprised Charlie hasn't pulled the trigger yet because he's certainly ticking off a lot of football fans with each missed match.

Thanks for the update EvilEuro. I hope Dish just accepts the terms and gets on with it. The football fans are the only ones who want this channel anyway, so it won't be that big of a deal to have to pay extra for it.

They didn't happen to say if they expected Dish to eventually sign-off on the terms did they? Any talk of Sept. 15th?

United is looking good so far...can't wait to watch them on Setanta...come on Reds!

Mr_Crowley said:
I hope Dish doesn't give in and gives us consumers a fair price. No way should the channel be $15.

15 bucks is fair. People who don't care for what they show don't have to subsidize it for other. People want al-la-carte, but when it comes, people whine.

15 bucks sounds fair to me too as long as we would also get acces to the additional channel that Setanta is going to be using when needed for their DirecTV subscribers.

E* hurry up I hate going to the bar at 7am in my pj's LOL. I think if E*gets the channel they will have the 2nd channel. I know when I flip through on the pub subscription there is a Setanta 2 for EPL and other games they have rights to that overlap, I also see Setanta PPV-2 but that plus PPV-1 are pub only.

adkinsjm said:
15 bucks is fair. People who don't care for what they show don't have to subsidize it for other. People want al-la-carte, but when it comes, people whine.

As long as everything is a la carte and I pick all of my programming I'm ok with it. This is not the same thing. Setanta is positioning itself as a premium channel but $15 isn't fair imo.

Anyway, any news on them coming to Dish? I found an online petition to get the channel on Dish.

http://www.petitiononline.com/082106SS/petition.html

Last edited:
I'm more than happy to pay that price for the level of live action they provide.
the programming they show is not available elsewhere - nobody else was willing to take on the fee's involved with buying the rights to show the sports in this country .. they were .. they took the chance - they deserve to cover their costs.

$15 per month is a fair price IMO.

I watch this one channel more than 200 other channels in my current package - in fact I watch this channel more than all of the HBO channels combined ... and all of the showcase channels combined ... in fact more than any of the premiums i have on my account combined ... on a per-hour per-price basis - i probably get the most value for money from this one station.

For those that are not interested in EPL - its worthless .. for those that are semi-interested - its probably a close call - for those that are desperate to see their team play live - its a bargain !

:)

:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)