Any word on Skyangel adding more channels?

SkyAngel survey

Check for your SA e-mail from around Tuesday of this week and fill out the SA annual survey. Question 8 of part B lists some of the channels they are considering adding to the service.

Not sure I get the surveys anymore - can someone post a list of the possible channels to be added?

Universal Sports Network www.universalsports.com
Retirement Living www.rl.tv
Rural Farm TV www.rfdtv.com
The Golf Channel www.golfchannel.com
Major League Baseball www.mlb.com
Science Channel www.science.discovery.com
Home Shopping Network www.hsn.com
Gems TV www.gemstv.com
Jewelry Television www.jewelrytelevision.com
Artists and Fans Network www.afncountry.com
Classic Arts Showcase www.classicartsshowcase.org
World Fishing Network www.wfn.tv
Speed Channel www.speedtv.com
National Geographic Channel channel.nationalgeographic.com
Fox Soccer Channel msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer

I just looked at the Universal Sports Network website. If I had realized it had such a wide range of sports offerings, I would have voted for it on the survey. Something for everyone. Looks great!

Saw where there is a new channel for babies and toddlers. Not my cup of tea, but it is always good to see new channels! It will be interesting to see what comes out of the survey. I am surprised the other Discovery networks have not been added already anyway. You would think they come as a package... especially since SA is already carrying 3-4 of the channels they own.

Thanks for posting the list.
I think of these networks, Retirement Living TV, RFD TV, AFN Country, CAS, & WFN would be the best fits for *SA.
I am surprised they don't carry all the shopping channels listed and more (and, even more surprised that they aren't free to all subs, or perhaps even unsubbed boxes) - because surely *SA at least gets a commission for any purchases.

The Science Channel

Since SkyAngel is a Christian organization, I wonder if the Science Channel has programs that basically challenge fundamental Christian beliefs (Evolution anyone?) Still, I could overlook some of this in order to get Survivorman:D

Since SkyAngel is a Christian organization, I wonder if the Science Channel has programs that basically challenge fundamental Christian beliefs (Evolution anyone?) Still, I could overlook some of this in order to get Survivorman:D
This is were I think SA has the opportunity to provide extra value to their viewers. Others have mentioned that maybe the reason SA does not carry HGTV is that some of the shows feature home owners/buyers that are gay couples. It would be too politically incorrect for the FCC to have content providers mark shows with gay content. SA on the other hand should not face any backlash of this type from their viewers.

There are many channels with mostly good content but they may not be considered family friendly because a small amount of bad content. SA could provide Christian friendly ratings for content that goes beyond what the FCC system provides. Then allow their viewers to filter their shows based upon the content rating.

One of the reasons I chose to go with SA is because I did not want to support all the trash coming out of Hollywood. Since SA is an IPTV service they always know which channel your box is set to watch. It would be possible for SA to report back to their content providers/advertisers exactly how many viewers turn off their channel when they have objectionable content.

Good point about the channels with objectionable content. I'd like to see History and National Geographic added, but there was a "history of sex" program on history, and a "taboo" program on NG that might prevent them from adding them. I don't think they'd block evolution related programming, though, because they have Discovery already.

I'm not a subscriber yet; right now I have the DirecTV "Family Tier"; I would like to change to SA but there are programs on the NRB network that I like (they have really good programs on Creationism on Tuesday nights) and would also like high def for those channels that offer it, so I probably won't consider changing until they add NRB and HD for Fox News, Discovery, Animal Planet, etc.

I'm not a subscriber yet; right now I have the DirecTV "Family Tier"; I would like to change to SA but there are programs on the NRB network that I like (they have really good programs on Creationism on Tuesday nights) and would also like high def for those channels that offer it, so I probably won't consider changing until they add NRB and HD for Fox News, Discovery, Animal Planet, etc.

I was a lifetime subscriber when SA was a satellite service. When they went IPTV, I didn't have the money for a subscription, and I could get most of the Christian channels on my C-Band dish. But what I didn't realize was the extra features such as VOD, and the local 5 day forecast that SA now offers via IPTV. In additon I like the fact that SA is offering ala-carte programming. I would love to see Sky Angel create a sports package that included FSN, Versus, Major League Baseball, etc. for a resonable price. Also,I would love to get the networks. The bottom line is that they must keep their overall service fees competitive with DISH, DirecTV, and Cable. Right now, if I wanted basic cable (13 channels) the cost would be $16.00 a month. If I do that and get SA as well, I'm now spending $41.00 per month.

Is anyone aware of a way to get the $200 deal for 6 month sub & free receiver through another partner (instead of AFA)? I would prefer to support another one of the SA* ministries if I did take up this deal.

i like 2 c a 24/7 christian movie channel. love to see those old christian movies like thief in the nite and new ones like fireprooof. This would help
promote movie producers . and be cool to see the stranger series too :)
Christian Movie Channel (i just read about this so cool)
john

Very interesting channel. I sent them an email inquiring availability for the satellite companies and Sky Angel. Thanks for the heads up, now I want this channel.

Looks like a good fit for SA. I wounder what the price will be when CMC starts offering their online movie subscriptions. In the CMC Survey you can mention that you use SA and encourage CMC to make their content available on SA.

hi, wow the christian movie chanel wrote back to me :)
Mr. Miller,

Thank you so much for your interest in CMC, and thank you for sending the Sky Angel link. We appreciate your comment and will certainly check into the possibility of airing on Sky Angel. We look forward to being your source for movies in the near future. Feel free to use our blog or take a brief survey on the CMC web site and let us know the kinds of movies you're interested in watching. We'd love to hear!

Felecia Ligon
CMC

let them know what you like to watch too
god bless
john

I took the survey and entered Sky Angel IPTV. CMC would be a great addition to SA.

Jeff