Any zip code I can "move" to that will allow me to get both Twin Cities stations and distant locals?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
In the example I gave above when they moved that person home when he actually legit moved (about 2 miles away....still in Mpls market) they sent out a tech to verify

best to wait a few months before trying again

I plan on waiting until January before trying again. Still worth a shot.

They bought it. I told them the service address wasn't supposed to be changed by e-mail and they "moved" it back to 54736. I think I'll keep it as is. :)

I got red-flagged and "moved" again!

I think they caught on when I told them I "moved" to Texas, but later I said that was an error and I was still at my old service address, so I "moved" back. Does this happen often?

I'd say it doesn't happen often. Most people don't move to Texas then back to MN in a few days.
If you are "moving" I'd recommend picking your place and staying put.

Worst case is they cancel your service or inconvenience you by requiring a tech visit (and thus your real service address).

Side note: no need to start a new thread.

I'd say it doesn't happen often. Most people don't move to Texas then back to MN in a few days.
If you are "moving" I'd recommend picking your place and staying put.

Worst case is they cancel your service or inconvenience you by requiring a tech visit (and thus your real service address).

?That's what I plan on.

They bought it. I told them the service address wasn't supposed to be changed by e-mail and they "moved" it back to 54736. I think I'll keep it as is. :)

I think they caught on when I told them I "moved" to Texas, but later I said that was an error and I was still at my old service address, so I "moved" back. Does this happen often?

I only gave that Texas area as a example.

You should have found one closer to you. What you have to do is look at DMA Market maps and compare them with where DirecTV does not offer locals. So first you have to find the closest DMA market to you where DirecTV does not offer locals THEN you have to find somewhere in that market that can not get a Grade B OTA signal.

http://geocommons.com/maps/73265

I thought they didn't offer East and West DNS at the same time to anybody anymore. Never looked into it but thought that was the case.
Even RV DNS gets only east or west.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)