anybody else have NO guide data for any channel for today and tomorrow?

Jim S.

When someone asks you if you're a god, you say yes
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
FN11od
Been that way all day. I thought maybe my dish was full of ice at the nightly reboot time, so I initiated a manual guide reload. Nothing changed. Guide data resumes at 12AM on Wednesday.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Been that way all day. I thought maybe my dish was full of ice at the nightly reboot time, so I initiated a manual guide reload. Nothing changed. Guide data resumes at 12AM on Wednesday.
Guide is working good for me with Western Arc in the St Louis area using Hopper 3s.

That's definitely odd, Jim S. In the Guide, do all the channels show "Info Not Available", or does it just skip from today until Wednesday?

This is not the only problem Jim is having with his HwS these days. But I haven't heard of either of these failures before. Jim, do you still "see" all satellites?

Well, I figured out what the problem was, but not the cause. I rather belatedly noticed that the time on my receiver was completely wrong! When it was 8:26 PM, it was claiming it was 6:51 PM.

I had this problem happen a few years ago, and I had forgotten about it since then. That time, I think it was off a whole number of hours as if it had the time zone wrong. This time, I have no idea what happened to it.

A reboot fixed it.

How does it set the time anyway? I would presume from the satellite, since there's no guarantee that it'll be connected to the internet. If the dish was blocked when it does the nightly reboot, would it come up with a random time?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts