Anybody get the 24 month commitment price as an existing customer?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Troch77, add in the cost for HBO on D* for a closer comparison. I think they get $18 for it now so about $104.

If I were looking at switching I'd need a Genie and one HR to have enough tuners and the c61 mini to support my 4K tv, and the premium package.

With Dish, H3, T250 and all movie packs I'm at a shade less than $140.

With D* it would be $125 for package + $4.93, so total about $130. Not even close enough to consider IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Actually Directv quoted me $12.99 for HBO.
I'm guessing Scott was right about the premium change.
Also that's not a Directv promo price either.
That's their bundle price.
The Promos are the $200 gift card, 2016 NFL ST, Free premiums for 3 months.
And the 24 month price lock.

My dish price is all temporary promo pricing.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Well all I got was $40.00 off for 6 months on my account and $20.00 off my 2nd account for my parents for 6 months. Seems DISH is getting a bit tighter with their credits since last May of 2015 when I got $65.00 off for a year ,but I still will take them. Any money off will help offset the high equipment and dvr fees that they charge. Well call back come December. My parents dropped HBO for $10.00 to offset their bill ,but I think my dad is still wanting to go back to Directv since he thinks he will get a bundle deal with ATT that does his internet service. I said go with God Dad. Least I won't have to worry about their satellite service or bill any longer if they go.
.....Only $40 off for 6 months on one account and $20 off for 6 months on the other account is quite a savings, $360 if my math is correct. That is a nice discount.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Actually Directv quoted me $12.99 for HBO.
I'm guessing Scott was right about the premium change.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
Interesting, I wasn't aware that it had dropped that much. I know the local cable company isn't selling it for that price. Makes the deal not quite $100, still wouldn't be enough to entice me. I'm used to a big difference when switching, these deals are puddly amounts.

Interesting, I wasn't aware that it had dropped that much. I know the local cable company isn't selling it for that price. Makes the deal not quite $100, still wouldn't be enough to entice me. I'm used to a big difference when switching, these deals are puddly amounts.
I edited my post above about the offer.

But again until something is out better then the current Genie. I'm staying put.
And even then if Netflix isn't integrated I may still pass.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

I edited my post above about the offer.

But again until something is out better then the current Genie. I'm staying put.
And even then if Netflix isn't integrated I may still pass.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
The only part of the promo that would have real value is the gift card. NFLST has zero value to me as I can watch more than enough football without it and I don't follow any particular team.

But I'm with you on the Genie. D* is way overdue for a complete hardware shakeup IMO. They had a perfect opportunity to do something really new with their Genie line when they first brought it out.

As to built in Netflix, well let's just say that I don't use it on my H3 or on the HWS that I had because of the lack of DD sound with HDMI. I use either the AppleTV or Fire Box for that.

The only part of the promo that would have real value is the gift card. NFLST has zero value to me as I can watch more than enough football without it and I don't follow any particular team.

But I'm with you on the Genie. D* is way overdue for a complete hardware shakeup IMO. They had a perfect opportunity to do something really new with their Genie line when they first brought it out.

As to built in Netflix, well let's just say that I don't use it on my H3 or on the HWS that I had because of the lack of DD sound with HDMI. I use either the AppleTV or Fire Box for that.
The Netflix is Important to me on the box, because we only have 1 Smart TV, and 1 Roku.
And it's nice when you don't have to switch inputs.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Six months ago when i called they told me that they only authorized to give up to $400 per year discount if your account is good standing, paying your bills on time.... So they asked me if i want to divide it to 10 months or 12 months so I am pretty sure best you can get is $400 per year. And it is not bad at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)