Anybody get their HD rebate yet?

I just got my credit on my account today (almost 10 weeks to the day after i sent it in) - I called them to ask if they had recd it after 8 weeks .. they had .. and said it would show on my next bill .... and it did ...

the 3rd bill seems to be the one they appear on assuming they tell you that it all looks good and has been approved when you call them to chase it.

:)

Now I'm getting the $20 rebate each month its time to persuade the better half that it'd be a good time to upgrade to a 622 i think... let's see how this goes ;)

You made me look. It is there today with rebated taxes too, 3 days after my billing and big billing was in June-July, about 3 months ago. Now have $10.50 credit, 1 of 10. Sure would not have known about the rebate except for these boards. I already had HD on my 921.

-Ken

Rebate Update...

that didn't get posted for some reason...On closer inspection of my latest statement showing the $10 rebate I noticed "transaction fee" $5.00. ??? So I called to inquire...well, there's a $5.00 fee whenever you add or change programming--NO CHANGE HERE...well, did you order a pay-per-view? ... NOT..., could you hold, please...about 5-minutes later--oh, it was a technical error and will be corrected on your next statement !!!! Makes me wonder how many "technical errors" were made that weren't questioned. DOUBLE CHECK YOUR STATEMENT!!!!

I had a recorded phone message at home today from DISH advising that they acknowledge receiving my HD rebate request and that it was approved and that I should be seeing the first installment of $10 savings on my next statement. Installation was mid-July and sent the request (with first bill) in mid-August. So far so good.....

retexan599 said:
I had a recorded phone message at home today from DISH advising that they acknowledge receiving my HD rebate request and that it was approved and that I should be seeing the first installment of $10 savings on my next statement. Installation was mid-July and sent the request (with first bill) in mid-August. So far so good.....

Same for me; installed in July, sent rebate form 8/15, got phone message yesterday confirming rebate approval. They said I should start seeing it in 4 weeks.:)

I received a call last night from 866-668-8047 with a pre-recorded message that said my rebates had been accepted and I will see it on my bill in 4-6 weeks.

I haven't been this POd since....

I sent AMEX a payment of close to $10,000 and they applied it to someone ELSE'S account, causing their system to send me a bunch of nasty notices threatening my credit. Give them credit, though, they 'fessed up and sent me an apologetic note.

I was installed by an inept E* "Tech" on 6/13, sent in the rebate form by Certified Mail with RRR, received it back showing a date of 7/3. Called the Redemption Center on 9/4, verifying that I had been approved.

I just received my October bill and the credit is STILL not showing. If they think they can randomly get away with this kind of crap they have another thing coming. I'm on hold now with what I think is an outsourced rep but he IS trying. Says there is no note on my account that I was approved and says he's going to talk to the "Executive" team, may need to transfer me there.

We'll see.

I need to calm down: as it is my doctor wants to put me on blood pressure meds. At least I can vent here.

Thanks, satelliteguys. :)

=NLK=

four words ... Certified Mail Return Receipt

I use that for any rebate that has a value over 50.00 ever since my Norton System Works rebate was returned to mr undeliverable, and that was 65.00 out the window. Of course that will never happen again, Linux does not require bloatware like that :D That particluar rebate was mailed two months before expiration.

slacker9876 said:
four words ... Certified Mail Return Receipt

I use that for any rebate that has a value over 50.00 ever since my Norton System Works rebate was returned to mr undeliverable, and that was 65.00 out the window. Of course that will never happen again, Linux does not require bloatware like that :D That particluar rebate was mailed two months before expiration.

I agree completely with you: that's why I send almost all rebate submissions, INCLUDING THIS ONE, certified mail RRR (I think I may have mentioned that in my post but perhaps not). That's how I KNOW they got it 7/3/06, I have the receipt. The person who I was directed to when I called the redemption center confirmed the receipt and confirmed that I was approved for the rebate. When I asked if they could contact Dish to see what was wrong she said there was nothing they could do, I'd need to wait. So I did.

The end result of my call yesterday was that "Victor" told me there were no codes on my account for that rebate but he spoke with the "Executive" team and they added the codes and I would get the rebate on my next bill. Whether I do or not is an open question, but since what I was told at least made SOME sense I'll wait and see.

Really, aside from the crappy install my experiences with E*, even customer service, have been good. Hopefully this one will end well and I won't have to go through the 11 month long ordeal I had with Nextel & Sprint when I had to port my cell phone#. I won that one and I'll do my best to win this one as well, although at my age I have to pick my battles. :)

Thanks for taking the time to post.

=NLK=

I called CSR three times in past three month about the HD program rebate, everytime they said it will be on my next bill. But nothing happened. Last Saturday, I sent an email to ceo mail address. I got a reply at same day and explained to me why my rebate did not go through, but due to my status with Dish, the rebate has been authorized and issued to me starting this month..... I only wish all the CSRs would have such professional attitude. I was suprised the reply was so quick and it was on Saturday.

I had my install June 10. I'm still waiting, they told me again it will be in next's months bill. 8 to 10 weeks my ass. I've never had this much trouble getting a rebate.

My HD upgrade install was in July, and the first of the ten monthly $10 credits is on my statement for November. So far, everything has worked out as promised when I signed on.

My HD upgrade install was in July, and the first of the ten monthly $10 credits is on my statement for November. So far, everything has worked out as promised when I signed on.

My install was also in July and I got my first credit ($20 since my wife was a new customer) on my 3rd bill, which I think was the November statement.

I just got the phone call ith the recording. It said $100 credit in $10 incremenets, but I thought I was supposed to get $20??? I have HD Platinum and a new customer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts