Anybody going to downgrade services?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
joedekock said:
I agree, if memory serves me correctly, to get channels like The Military Channel, Biography Channel, Fox Reality, Hall Mark, Nick Toons, Boomerang, Fox Movie Channel, Discovery Kids, Discovery Times, National Geographic, VH1 Classic, or GAC, you have to subscribe to Dish's Top 180. That will cost you $47.99 with Dish. With D* our total Choice plus package will be $46.99. (Seems to me that D* subscribers have the better deal there). With locals, the Dish Network top 180 costs $52.99, and for D*, having total choice plus with the locals is only $49.99. (Again, to me that seems like a better deal).

Not only that, but our HD package is now the same cost as theirs. Yes, they have the option to get the VOOM channels for another $5.99 a month, but when I called to price that out, they told me if I want to get the voom channels. I need to pay an extra $200.00 for a separate dish to pick them up.

I guess I don't understand why everyone who is complaining thinks they are getting "raped" by D*. D* still has MORE, and BETTER channel lineups, they are still CHEAPER than cable, and even their other dish competitor. They might be behind right now in the HD movement, but we all know that they will Blow Dish and cable out of the water come next year.

HOW do we know that? They told us that there would be no price increase and we got one and we keep waiting for HD content. I just got my HD receivers and I considering calling DTV and telling them to come pick them up. Between what I would save on my highspeed internet by becoming an Comcast video customer and the bounty for switching over....well, it is beginning to make me think that DTV doesn't want me that much.

The real frustration of these price increases, as nominal as they may be, is that D* has done so little to add new content recently. I could easily justify a price hike, even a significant one, if they would expand their HD offering and add channels that normal people care about. I watched 2 minutes of CD USA last night in HD; it's not worth the waste of bandwidth.

We're paying $9.99/mo now for HD service. Great. If they doubled the number of channels, I'd have no problem paying $19.99/mo for an "HD SuperPak." But don't raise rates on what I already have. Especially, when you consider that as an HDTV owner, I spend 90% of my time trying to find something to watch on Channels 70 - 99.

I downgraded last month, I dropped HBO. So I guess I'll have to trim off some more come March . These price increases are saving money. Every year they have one I'll downgrade till I'm gone from D* altogather, Then we'll see if "Somebody up there loves me " . Now, I have Total Choice plus locals and Starz & Max & two recievers.

Ive downgraded all I can. If I drop HBOHD and SHOHD then there really is no reason to stay with D* at all for me. Hopefully they increase their PQ, add TNTHD and CinemaxHD soon and make it worth sticking around. But lately they just seem clueless. Price increases? ST super sucker HD tax? Bird bath sized 5 lnb dish on your roof? 2 yr contracts? CDUSA? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.