Anybody know anything about DirectTECH installers?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

abooch

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 10, 2007
I live in New Jersey and have DirecTECH coming to do the install at my home. I purchased a SWM LNB that I need to be used in order to do this installation and the dish cannot be put on the house but on the deck or on a pole. Would DirecTECH accommodate these needs?

You might try asking this question in the installer zone (located in the Other Satellite/TV Offerings forum). Be aware that you will need to subscribe to the forum by following the directions.

To partially answer your question: It really depends on the tech, supplies in the van and their schedule. I would suggest calling the Dispatch office and confirming they understand you need a pole install. This should hopefully trigger them to bring the pole and cement that is needed. I've occasionally heard that installers say that pole installs are an extra charge, so you might want to be ready to shell out up to $75.

HTH

You might try asking this question in the installer zone (located in the Other Satellite/TV Offerings forum). Be aware that you will need to subscribe to the forum by following the directions.

HTH

no, don't... if you read the directions for the Installer Zone... it says not to join if you are not an installer. Ask your questions out here, and someone will respond.
Thanks.

Did the swm lnb come with the splitter and power supply needed?

Most installers will carry a pole mount with them, but be prepared to pay for it, as it is custom labor. Last sheet we got about Directv recommended rates was $75.00 for a pole mount.

yea i have everything i need the power supply and an 8 way spillter that came with the swm lnb...we do not want the dish on the house...bolting it to the deck or a pole mount is one of the only options as putting it on the house is not gonna work..the deck would work because we our on the right side of the street for the dish to be facing south

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)