Anybody played - Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution

Based on how crappy (read: complicated, non-intuitive interface) the original "Civilization" was, not something I will likely consider.

Sorry mad post ! I just realized it's not available yet, anybody looking to buy it !

Thanks In advance

My son is getting it tomorrow. It looks like the same game we've been playing since the 90's but better graphics. You have tried the demo?

The demo was much more enjoyable than expected.

Every Civ has been pretty much stellar, so if you didn't like the UI for the first, it was probably just not your game, and not necessarily the UI.

I am getting one on Friday from Blockbuster. I loved Age of Empires type stuff and played the demo on 360. it was not too bad and got good ratings from gamespot.

I have played the game and I like it alot. I have always like Civ.

I had to call around yesterday (Wed) to find a copy. I finally found a copy at Gamestop. Best Buy promised it by 2PM. Guess what... it wasn't there.

I have not played it yet but it sounds like it is selling like hotcakes.

Ahh, no wonder. :D

Read the reviews on IGN.com. I have heard great things there and other places. We are all used to great Civ games on the PC and many were worried about it translating well to consoles. It sounds like they found a perfect balance.

I can't wait to play it. It is sitting next to the Xbox 360 waiting, just waiting for me to try it out. Instead I am screwing around on sat guys. Something must be wrong with me.

Tomorrow I must play it.

When I was at Gamestop there was a guy buying not only the Xbox 360 version but 2 copies of the Nintendo DS version. One wasn't enough, he needed two so he could play it on the road with his girlfriend.

It better be good!

The CIV games were great.I haven't played them in years.I spent many hours in front of my PC trying to conquer the world from the beginning of time.

Civ 4 / Generals expansion pack + last year's Expansion pack, "Beyond the Sword" are worth a whirl... they greatly helped in my recovery after back surgery last summer. Great game!

It has come a long way if you have not played since I or II.

I haven't played since II. And now I can't even find that game anymore. It's around here somewhere, found the book for it.

turned it on last night and played one game on lowest level w/ tutorial. Took 3.5 hours about. It was more fun than I thought. I'll be trying it again tonight.

i rank it 9/10

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)