Civilization: Beyond Earth

I doubt they port it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I think the only console version in the series so far is Civ Revolution on PS3/360 from 2008. I've never played it myself but from what I have read it was a decent game but missing a lot of the depth from the PC games. It sounds more like a lite version of the PC franchise designed to appeal to a console audience. The real Civ experience hasn't made it to consoles so far so I don't think this will either. On the other hand, more and more PC games are being ported to the PS4 all the time. Now that porting is easier more developers are taking the time to do it. It doesn't seem like the control scheme of Civ on PC would be THAT hard to adapt to a controller. There aren't a ton of actions that need hotkeys and all that. It's mostly just clicking.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2008/07/02/civilization-revolution-review-2?page=1

Anyways, I really like Civ 5 and I think this looks like a cool way to take that experience and apply it to a science fiction setting. According to my Steam profile I've already put 36 hours into Civ 5, which is 11 hours more than my second most played game. I've only had my PC for a little over a year or that number would be much higher. I will definitely pick this up once it goes on sale.

Hopefully they will port it to Mac.

I'm sure they will. I think Civ V is pretty popular with Mac users too. It's just a matter of when. Sometimes the Mac version of a game comes out the same day as the PC version. Other times Mac users have to wait a few months.

I think Civ II was made for the PS2 if I am not mistaken.

The game is available for $37.50 at Green Man Gaming when you use Promo Code HEA34T-3L03RY-JLXOOR.

I can't confirm this attached link works because GMG is blocked at my work, but it shouldn't be too hard to find on their website.

http://ow.ly/AhL3W

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts