Anybody see this today? Receiver must reboot?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
So I turned on the TV earlier to a popup message on the HR34...something about "Receiver needs to restart. Restart now or later" With 2 options "Yes Restart Now" and "Wait until later"

Since I wasnt recording anything I did the reboot now. Rebooted and all is fine. No new software was loaded and I dont know why it did that

Anybody else have that happen today?

not here, all i can say is we all living with HR34 and we don't expect day-by-day, and are learning its box-by-box

Last edited:
Didn't see the message but my HR34 performed a reboot over night. No new software or any other noticeable changes here.

didn't gt the message, but wife said 34 was acting funny this morning before i got up, and woudl not change channels using the guide, so something was going on. it was all ok by the time i woke up so not sure what it was.

Got it too yesterday when I came home.just did a double reset. The lag was horrible but there were no updates to the software.

So I turned on the TV earlier to a popup message on the HR34...something about "Receiver needs to restart. Restart now or later" With 2 options "Yes Restart Now" and "Wait until later"

Since I wasnt recording anything I did the reboot now. Rebooted and all is fine. No new software was loaded and I dont know why it did that

Anybody else have that happen today?

same thing. fwiw, Pandora started to finally work afterwards.

in my case the lag has been terrible after this. resets usually makes it better but not this time :/

Nice that it actually told you it needed to reboot with an actual popup message.

The normal way a receiver informs you that it needs to reboot is by lagging and then ceasing to respond to the remote.

I had to force a reboot on the hr34 and the h24. The h24 could no longer see the hr34's dvr programming. I still can't get the Directv2pc program to see my hr34. I guess it's time to reload the software. The reboot did fix the issue with the 24.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts