Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
I know there is a few of us with T90's set up but I was wondering. Do any of you have as one of the LNB's G10? And if so, where on the slide scale is it (middle or near ends?)

I tried once before and couldn't get G10 on the ends of the dish. Best I could pull was a 15-20 on the 2 main TP's. I'd like to put the T90 back up but the issue I have is space on the deck. With a 6 foot dish and then the T90 dish, if I can't get G10 on it that pretty much screws up the setup. The separate G10 dish I use right now is on the deck railing and the T90 would block the signal.

So does anyone have one setup and if so, what kinds of signals do you get? Right now the 2 main Equity TP's are between 72-78 on the Coolsat with a fixed dish at 123

I'm setup from 129 - 89 and my Coolsat 5000 says 60-70's.. I think it's around 12 or so on the scale.. and what's worse is I'm not aligned correctly.. I've seen higher depending on my setup..

I may adjust my system towards more of the feeds and skip out on those channels ..

Hello Iceberg

I have one T90 from 72 to 127. 123 is entering correctly. The strenght is ok. I'm sure that if I had a dedicated dish it would be better but it is very acceptable.

Labgate

123 is at 14.5 on the rail and I am getting 52% with a FSS bandstacked LNB.

I need to realign the whole dish due to the pole sagging some, but those number are what I am used to seeing.

Thanks guys!

I might try it and if it doesn't work right, go back to the fixed dish at G10
Was thinking of putting it back up for 87, 91, 99, 103, 107, 110, 119, 123, 129 for sure...maybe move 91 to 93 or see if I can get 97/99. That would allow me to take down the dish at G10 right now and move the StarChoice dish to Hispasat (only dish that I can get it low enough to work).. If it doesn't work I'll have to try something else then :)

both. Here in Minneapolis Hispasat is at a 8 elevation and most of the dishes I have go to 10-15....plus right now I only have 2 dishes on the roof. The motorized and the StarChoice dish ;)

so its really a combo of both :)

Tony, when I was playing around on the ground, the closest I got was using White Springs on the end, which put G10 about 6 degrees from the end. I don't recall how good it was, but it was adequate enough to use like that. But I opted to use the Primestar for White Springs (129.0w), NASA, Angel One, music (119.0w), and G10 and set the T90 for 72.0w, 74.0w, 79.0w, 83.0w, 87.0w, 89.0w, 93.0w, 97.0w, 101.0w, 103.0w, 110.0w (GOL tv), and 113.0w. Sorry I'm not any more help than this.

Al

You can see the Primestar and T90 in my avatar....
It's on the roof of my sisters 2 story Garage/Shop/House.

Al
That's what I was thinking. The G10 dish can support 119 & 129 too. Then use the T90 for 110 (Dish), 107 (SC), 103 (skew), 99 (X4), then either 93/89/85 or 93/87 or 91/87 then 79 & 74...we'll have to see if that and the C-Band dish don't screw up the G10 line of site.

I can't hit 123w on my T-90 - my house is in the way. So I have a 90cm across the yard aimed at 119, 123, & 129w works well with the 123 being in the center.
Bob

Thats what I'm thinking Bob. The roof for mine might be in the way. The 36" dish clears the roof with no issues even for 129

Sorry to go so far back but... how do you set the elevation on these dishes? Just moving the LNBF?

I'm getting interested on that kind of dish now... :)

Good review! :up
Hey, it's true you can also add your subs in the pack to remove the small pizza dish.

But my Expressvu lnbfs are too big to fit the holders I think. How did you put your Dish lnbf there?

I've seen some smaller circular lnbfs for sale but I don't know if they work with my Expressvu receiver?

For the circular birds you have to use a reversed lnbf to get it to work, sold at a lot of places. A regular circular lnbf will not work. Wave Frontier makes one and Sadoun makes one, I'm sure there are probably others out there? Linear lnbf's work fine.
I don't know what kind of lnbf Bell Express Vu uses, circular or linear? If it's circular, you will need to get a reversed lnbf for it.

Al

Ooops... I almost forgot, the holders come with adapters for the holders. They should work, I would think?

For the circular birds you have to use a reversed lnbf to get it to work, sold at a lot of places. A regular circular lnbf will not work. Wave Frontier makes one and Sadoun makes one, I'm sure there are probably others out there? Linear lnbf's work fine.
I don't know what kind of lnbf Bell Express Vu uses, circular or linear? If it's circular, you will need to get a reversed lnbf for it.

Al

Ooops... I almost forgot, the holders come with adapters for the holders. They should work, I would think?

Hello Bev uses circular lnbs just like dish.

I use reversed circular lnbs on my T55 on 82, 91, 110 and 119. Works great with my subscribed receivers on dish and bev.

Labgate

Bell uses Circular. They use DIsh equipment rebranded with ExpressVu soiftware (the dish 811 is the EVu 6000)

yes they will. The adapters will hold a 25mm shaft. Sadoun's reverse polarity LNB's are standard 40mm

Good review! :up
Hey, it's true you can also add your subs in the pack to remove the small pizza dish.
yep. That was the original idea was to remove my SC dish and Dish dish and integrate them into the setup. I don't have HD and don't speak French so I only needed ANikF1 (main satellite) for StarChoice.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts