Anybody tried a new theme for the PS3?

JoeSp

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 11, 2003
I downloaded several from PlayStation Universe (PSU) :: PS3 Themes . Lets see, I now have a Vista Theme, StarWars, LittleBigPlanet and my favorite is Okami. Man being able to change the complete look of the XMB in the PS3 is just about the coolest thing I have done with my PS3 other then play BD movies and Heavenly Sword! I picked up Rachet and Clank, StarWars-The Complete Story and Uncharted Waters. When the weather finally goes south I will be in dutch for things to play with around the house!:D

I like the nature theme that I dl'ed the other day (looks very sweet), I will take a look at the new themes in a little bit.

Edited:
My favorite one is PS3 Theme - Kingdom Hearts Theme by Septimus :: PlayStation Universe (PSU)
The Kingdom Hearts theme its off the hook, I am putting that right now on my PS3, one of the best themes I've seen so far. (Kingdom Heart fan)
Thanks for sharing this website link with us, its sweet.

I downloaded several from PlayStation Universe (PSU) :: PS3 Themes . Lets see, I now have a Vista Theme, StarWars, LittleBigPlanet and my favorite is Okami. Man being able to change the complete look of the XMB in the PS3 is just about the coolest thing I have done with my PS3 other then play BD movies and Heavenly Sword! I picked up Rachet and Clank, StarWars-The Complete Story and Uncharted Waters. When the weather finally goes south I will be in dutch for things to play with around the house!:D

I assume you mean Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.... if so, where did you get it? I didn't think it was out yet.

Can you download them straight to the PS3 or do you have to use a PC first?

Straight to the ps3.

Neutron, your avatar warms my heart every time I see your post. Makes me want to have a cat as a pet, until I think about cleaning a litter box and then I come back to reality. I wish I was mature enough to have a pet.

Can you download them straight to the PS3 or do you have to use a PC first?

I downloaded them on my PC (which for some reason is quicker) and put them on my ProStick from my camera. Put it in the PS3 card reader and downloaded into the PS3. They were trying to get it set up so you could download straight onto your PS3 -- looks like they got that setup.

Picked up my Drakes Fortune from Gamestop last Thursday when they came in.:)

Picked up my Drakes Fortune from Gamestop last Thursday when they came in.:)

Nice. I kept hearing Monday or Tuesday of this week. Not that it matters to me.... mine is (hopefully) coming for Christmas. I'm shut down for buying my own stuff till after then.

You'll have to come back and review it - I'm curious to see how the game as a whole stands up to the brief glimpse we got from the demo.

Cool to hear about tasty themes for the PS3. I like the clean 'native' look...but I've seen it sooo long on my PSP it'd be nice to mix it up a bit. I'm assuming you get to these through the online store?

Sorry about the noob question, just got the PS3 installed and fired up last night. Went smooth as silk...very nicely designed system, quite impressed so far. So far I've watched 20 min. on two Blurays and the opening intro to Motorstorm, with most of my time downloading updates. Downloaded demos for 'Heavenly Sword,' 'Resistance,' and 'Uncharted' and the trailer for 'Tekkon Kincrete' overnight...so I'll dive into all that this eve.

Cool to hear about tasty themes for the PS3. I like the clean 'native' look...but I've seen it sooo long on my PSP it'd be nice to mix it up a bit. I'm assuming you get to these through the online store?

Sorry about the noob question, just got the PS3 installed and fired up last night. Went smooth as silk...very nicely designed system, quite impressed so far. So far I've watched 20 min. on two Blurays and the opening intro to Motorstorm, with most of my time downloading updates. Downloaded demos for 'Heavenly Sword,' 'Resistance,' and 'Uncharted' and the trailer for 'Tekkon Kincrete' overnight...so I'll dive into all that this eve.

I'm with you on liking the normal XMB. I just changed some of the settings in the menu for font, color, etc to get something I liked (currently using the "airbrush" (I think that's what it's called) and pop font, with Blue background). Easier than downloading a theme, but still gives it a different look. I might try one of the themes at some point. There are a few on the online store but also many others on the site Joe linked to above.

Glad to hear you've got everything up and running... have fun!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)