Anyone close willing to help on BUD install?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

O'Doyle

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 13, 2014
Ridgeland, South Carolina
Hello all! It has been awhile since I have posted up anything relating to my 10ft channel master that I have. I have just recently purchased my first new home and wanting to plant my BUD in the backyard soon. I could probably tackle this project on my own but was wanting to know if anyone close to me would like to stop by on a weekend to help the task go quicker and make sure I understand the key points to getting this dish back into service. I have a spare bedroom if you would like to stay, and willing to fix meals or pay gas money or both, anyone interested let me know! Thx! Christopher I will be also ordering a new actuator and controller in the next week or so.

Just a little too far for me, opposite corner of the state. But get your pole mounted in concrete and level in all directions, then ask away here for step by step instructions as you and preferably a helper start assembling the dish.

Reactions: hank123
Comptech us correct. Make sure your pole is dead level. This will save you so many problems.

http://www.tvrosat.com/phpBB-3.0/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=1252 Here's a website that could help you. This article take you from digging the hole to accurately aligning the dish. Hope this helps. If I wasn't in WV, I'd love to help, but it's just not possible with what I have going on right now. Good luck. Oh, one other thing. Since digital signals are not visible like the only analog, it's a good idea to manually enter all the information for the channel you're looking for before trying to find it.

Then go to that channel and move the dish until it comes in. That way you're not shooting in the dark if you don't have a meter. You can actually use the receiver as a meter if you don't have one. Move the dish slowly, a little at a time because it takes a second or two for the channel to lock. Hope that helps.

http://www.tvrosat.com/phpBB-3.0/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=1252 Here's a website that could help you. This article take you from digging the hole to accurately aligning the dish. Hope this helps. If I wasn't in WV, I'd love to help, but it's just not possible with what I have going on right now. Good luck. Oh, one other thing. Since digital signals are not visible like the only analog, it's a good idea to manually enter all the information for the channel you're looking for before trying to find it.

Then go to that channel and move the dish until it comes in. That way you're not shooting in the dark if you don't have a meter. You can actually use the receiver as a meter if you don't have one. Move the dish slowly, a little at a time because it takes a second or two for the channel to lock. Hope that helps.
Thanks! good tip to try...have a meter, so we will see how it goes.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)