Anyone configured SonicView 4000 with USALS? Please offer feedback

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pianoman

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2007
I have been struggling with dish alignment, and it seems that I may be getting some success since I am able to capture one bird AMC4. This is not my due-south satellite, but once I have AMC6, I will try to use USALS to catch all the birds.

I have not seems any information or feedback from someone who has successfully configured a sonicview receiver with a STAB HH-90 motor (or other motor) etc. If you have, please help by providing any information you can afford. If not, I will try and document the process and the issues that I may run into for others to use in configuring theirs.

Well, just installed a sg 2100 with the sonicview 4000 this week-end. Once I got aligned on AMC6 and began using USALS instead of "Motor" (which took more hours than I'd like to admit), the process was pretty straight forward. Of course, at first I had an error in my longitude entry (forgot to change the E for W), but once it was corrected, the dish went directly to the sat I asked. With a little bumping here and there to maximize signal...

I profusely used Iceberg's list of the stronger TPs for each sat I wanted. That was a big help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SG2100 and distance...

Which one of these dishes is better

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts