Anyone doing any FTA work/projects this weekend?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

iafirebuff

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
Waterloo, Iowa
Just curious if anyone is tinkering with their setups this weekend? The only FTA project I am working on is my next order to Sadoun :)

I repointed the superdish today at G10. I was surprised my signals were hitting the 60 range, usually around 45. Also that first transponder (wngs) was watchable for an hour. That smaller dish just can't handle the interference from 121.

I wanted to put my new dish up today but I am not sure it I will be able to. I had a new A/C system put in and they just got out of here and it around 92 now at the house, I may get up there later and change out the dishes when it get a little bit cooler.

I cooked on my shed's roof when I added the lnb for IA7. I have found, if you do antenna work in the middle of winter, it goes alot faster with fewer mistakes :)

When I think about it I'M tinkering around with my FTA stuff every other day.I was going to try and install an 18 in dish for 119 to get NASA TV but first have to rig a mount as the adjustable part is broken, also tommorow I plan to bake on my black shingle roof and have a crack at G10R with a 33 in dish.

Dave

When I think about it I'M tinkering around with my FTA stuff every other day.
Same here, spent parts of today and yesterday trying to get some digital signals off of my 6'er with a secondary lnb. Got chased out of the woods by deer flys, black flies and mosquitoes, sorry to say no luck yet :-(
- also tommorow I plan to bake on my black shingle roof and have a crack at G10R with a 33 in dish.
33 inches should work, tho you might find 11720 iffy.

Whenever I aim a dish at g10 nowadays I shoot for 119 first, then I know all I have to do is move the dish over to the right just a fraction of an inch and drop elevation a few degrees. Makes it pretty easy, especially if your pole is plumb and your elevation scale is accurate ;)

Ok guys U made me fee bad, at least its up there :D The wife has to take a rest now :D

Attachments

• IMG_1467.JPG
    IMG_1467.JPG
    541.9 KB · Views: 194
I will let the wife know that :D I am going up one more time to intall the lnb arms and the lnb, wish me luck stay tooooned for more picts

OTE=PSB]Looks good! Just needs grounded now![/QUOTE]

Thanks Drhydro for the advise,I find the biggest problem is with the sun on the screen of my little tv I use outside.
Anyway Hakkamike looks good and keep us posted of the difference from the 1M dish.

Dave

Thats not a vent pipe, its decated for the dish anyways here is one more pict, man let me drink a beer, I dont know if I can do the tv thing on the roof tonight....

Attachments

• IMG_1468.JPG
    IMG_1468.JPG
    363.6 KB · Views: 173
I think I give up for the day, the dish is up and aimed(no T5) lol lol, tomorrow is another day....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)