Status
Please reply by conversation.

twizt3dsist3r

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 15, 2009
Pennsylvania, United States
So I called AAA to set up an order tonight, waited a bit, then called in to get a referral added, but 4 CSRs over 2 hours told me its just not possible the system wont allow it. I know its a crap shoot, but has anyone done this recently, the last csr actually, stated that she was trying to do it, and literally talking out what she was doing on her end, and told me the errors she got on her end. Thats alot of work for someone to go through just to do something they are 'told' they cant do, we all know it is/was possible. But I'm wondering if maybe they system really did change, so here I ask :)

Has anyone stacked discounts recently? If so when.

My install is set for tomorrow afternoon, im gonna call one more time in the morning, maybe someone that just gets in at like 8 will be half asleep and just do it, who knows....

Hi,
Just had my install done yesterday afternoon, i tried several times earlier last week to add a referral, they told me the AAA credit denies me from using a customer referral to sign up with.

Got my install done today, was told the same thing obviously... Unless theres a specific way to do it as a csr, i think that the loophole was closed.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

I didn't know it was a loophole, just figured it was another discount available.

Fwiw, it wasn't available for me when I signed up, apparently started after I signed up.

I dont know for a fact it was a loophole, but i had 5ppl tell me it cant be done, and i was told by the last few that 3 other people had already told me this... Kinda got caught after a while. I just found it interesting i couldnt find a recent success story about doing this from anyone, so my guess is its no longer possible. This is by no means official word however.

I dont know for a fact it was a loophole, but i had 5ppl tell me it cant be done, and i was told by the last few that 3 other people had already told me this... Kinda got caught after a while. I just found it interesting i couldnt find a recent success story about doing this from anyone, so my guess is its no longer possible. This is by no means official word however.

Have you been to AAA's website ?

Shopping Discounts
DIRECTV

AAA members will receive a $10 credit on their monthly bill for 20 months. This offer is for only NEW subscribers to DIRECTV.

Offer not available to the general public. Call the dedicated AAA number: 1-800-370-3578 to receive discount. A 2 year agreement required. New customers only. Conditions apply please read below.
Restrictions:
AAA MEMBER OFFER RESTICTIONS: Offer ends 12/31/13. New customers must sign up using the phone number provided (1-800-370-3578) and order their leased system (on approved credit) by 12/31/13. Upon activation of DIRECTV System and programming, customer will receive 20 nonrefundable/nontransferable credits of $10 each over 20 DIRECTV billing cycles totaling $200. Commercial accounts/customers not eligible. oBILL CREDIT/PROGRAMMING OFFER: IF BY THE END OF PROMOTIONAL PRICE PERIOD(S) CUSTOMER DOES NOT CONTACT DIRECTV TO CHANGE SERVICE THEN ALL SERVICES WILL AUTOMATICALLY CONTINUE AT THE THEN-PREVAILING RATES. Free SHOWTIME for 3 months, a value of $38.97. Free STARZ and SHOWTIME for 3 months, a value of $72. LIMIT ONE PROGRAMMING OFFER PER ACCOUNT. Featured package names and prices: CHOICE $60.99/mo.; CHOICE XTRA $65.99/mo. Prices include a $26 bill credit for 12 months after rebate, plus an additional $5 with online rebate and consent to email alerts. AAA members also receive the $10 bill credit/mo. for 20 consecutive mos. as outlined above. Upon DIRECTV System activation, customer will receive rebate redemption instructions (included in customer’s first DIRECTV bill, a separate mailing, or, in the state of New York, from retailer) and must comply with the terms of the instructions. In order to receive $31 monthly credits, customer must submit rebate online (valid email address required) and consent to email alerts prior to rebate redemption. Rebate begins up to 8 weeks after receipt of rebate submission online or by phone. Duration of promotional price varies based on redemption date. In select markets, prices are higher. In order to receive $26 credit on the CHOICE package and above in first 12 months in these markets, customer must provide valid email address at point of sale. ^FREE HD OFFER: Includes access to HD channels associated with your programming package.. To be eligible for Free HD you must activate and maintain the CHOICE XTRA package or higher and enroll in Auto Bill Pay.. Also requires at least one (1) HD Receiver and activation of HD Access. Account must be in “good standing,” as determined by DIRECTV in its sole discretion, to remain eligible for all offers. In certain markets, programming/pricing may vary. **2 YR. LEASE AGREEMENT: EARLY CANCELLATION WILL RESULT IN A FEE OF $20/MONTH FOR EACH REMAINING MONTH. Must maintain 24 consecutive months your DIRECTV programming package DVR service $7/mo. required for DVR and HD DVR lease. HD Access fee $10/mo. required for HD receiver and HD DVR. No lease fee for only one receiver. Lease fee for first two receivers $6/mo; additional receiver leases $6/mo. each. NON-ACTIVATION CHARGE OF $150 PER RECEIVER MAY APPLY. ALL EQUIPMENT IS LEASED AND MUST BE RETURNED TO DIRECTV UPON CANCELLATION, OR UNRETURNED EQUIPMENT FEES APPLY. VISIT directv.com OR CALL 1-800-DIRECTV FOR DETAILS. Advanced receiver instant rebate requires activation of the CHOICE XTRA Package or above; MÁS ULTRA or above (for DVR Receiver, OPTIMO MÁS Package or above); Jadeworld; or any qualifying international service bundle, which shall include the PREFERRED CHOICE programming package (valued at $39.99/mo.). Second advanced receiver offer requires activation of an HD DVR as the first free receiver upgrade and subscription to Whole-Home DVR Service ($3/mo.). Additional advanced receiver upgrades available for a charge. Additional receiver upgrades available for a charge. INSTALLATION: Standard professional installation only. Custom installation extra. †Eligibility for local channels based on service address. Not all networks available in all markets. Programming, pricing, terms and conditions subject to change at any time. Pricing residential. Taxes not included. Receipt of DIRECTV programming subject to DIRECTV Customer Agreement; copy provided at directv.com/legal and in order confirmation. ©2011 DIRECTV, Inc. DIRECTV and the Cyclone Design logo, CHOICE and CHOICE XTRA are trademarks of DIRECTV, Inc. All other trademarks and service marks are the property of their respective owners.
AAA.com/Directv
My Account

Icebergs right, i was trying to get both, i got the aaa discount, but they wouldnt add the referal, and aside from the extra 5 off online, the prices are the same minus the 10discount of course, so the entertainment is 29.99 online, its 19.99 through aaa. While choice is 29.99 online as well due to the extra 5 off (34.99 -5.00promo =29.99) it is 24.99 through aaa, so thats (34.99 -10.00aaa = 24.99) so the extra 5 does not stack. Hope that clears it up, and since the origional question in my op has been answered (no it cannot) i giv a mod permission to close this if they wish, doesnt matter to me, but i dont think there are any stacking discounts any longer, and no1 was able to provide proof of current stacking. The only similiar offer i got was a mailer from d* directly for the online price (no extra 5$) and a 200prepaid visa, but it took 6-8weeks to receive, id rather the aaa discount personally.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)