Anyone dropped Platinum from their HD & Platinum and kept "HD for Life?"

jdmart

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 29, 2003
Albuquerque
Has any existing customer who had "HD & Platinum" as of yesterday, June 2nd successfully dropped Platinum and kept "HD for Life" with no commitment or fee?

Hard to say since it wont show up on your account until the next bill is generated. I would wait until then before making any changes.

I dropped platinum and signed up for HD-for-life this morning.

The required a 24 month commitment or a $99 fee. Also, "There will be one time transaction fee of $5 to collect the payment." for the $99 fee, for a total of $104.

I went thru chat, because the online update part of the website is so execrable.

It shows up on my "current programming" on the website as "HD 120 Free $0.00"

The required a 24 month commitment or a $99 fee. Also, "There will be one time transaction fee of $5 to collect the payment." for the $99 fee, for a total of $104.

I went thru chat, because the online update part of the website is so execrable.
You probably should have waited until next bill as Scott Said. You might not have had to re-commit.

It shows up on my "current programming" on the website as "HD 120 Free $0.00"
OMG, they never give up do they? A fee to collect a payment. Nearly unbelievable.

Wouldn't it show up in a day or two in the "recent activity since last statement" section of your online account?
It's just like the February increases. Does not go in effect for YOU until your next bill is generated, whenever that is.

My changes showed up right away on the website, although not in the "activity since last statement" part. This is the "programming add or change" page. So, it's possible to see what has changed. In my case, my bill will go down by $10.

Old:

Basic Programming: America's Top 120 $39.99
Premiums Channels: Cinemax 1 Year Penny Offer $0.01
A La Carte and Add-ons: HD & Platinum $10.00
.... Service Plan (15/25) $6.00

New:

A La Carte and Add-ons: Service Plan (15/25) $6.00
.... HD 120 Free $0.00

My changes showed up right away on the website, although not in the "activity since last statement" part. This is the "programming add or change" page. So, it's possible to see what has changed. In my case, my bill will go down by $10.

Old:

A La Carte and Add-ons: HD & Platinum $10.00
.... Service Plan (15/25) $6.00

New:

A La Carte and Add-ons: Service Plan (15/25) $6.00
.... HD 120 Free $0.00

Just to confirm....no commitment or $99 fee? I know there may be a $5 downgrade fee for removing Platinum.

jdmart,

No, sorry, incorrect on all counts. :)

Either 24mo or $99 fee required.

No $5 downgrade fee to remove platinum

$5 processing fee for $99 charge. The $104 shows up in my "activity since last statement".

The only way to really find out is to call or chat, and ask Dish. They're the ones who charge you or don't charge you.

(No disrespect meant to any of the folks who are "in-the-know").

Just to confirm....no commitment or $99 fee? I know there may be a $5 downgrade fee for removing Platinum.

Bradleys jumped the gun instead of waiting for his next bill. If he had, he would not have had to commit.

jdmart,
The only way to really find out is to call or chat, and ask Dish. They're the ones who charge you or don't charge you.

Generally speaking, these are the last ones who know what to charge when things like this change.

You should have grandfathered into the HD for Life based on having HD + Platinum. No commitment, No charge, No requirement for Auto Bill/Pay.

You should/may be able to get this correct. If you care about $100.00.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)