Anyone dropped Platinum from their HD & Platinum and kept "HD for Life?"

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Just logged into my account and they added a new section under view/modify programming.

Current Programming:

Basic Programming: America's Top 200 w/ Locals $52.99 Premiums Channels: A La Carte and Add-ons: Fox Sports Midwest $0.00 HD & Platinum $10.00

This wasn't there earlier this afternoon. It also will not allow me to change to HD 200 or HD 200 Free anymore (it did earlier).

EDIT: Also see I can add American HD

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 286
Last edited:
You should now be automatically switched from "HD & Platinum" to "HD for Life. " You can also choose to remove the $10 Platinum HD channels by unchecking the Platinum HD box. Check your online account and you should see these changes. Attached picture shows a friend's account changed to Free HD For Life and Platinum HD removed.

Attachments

• Dish Free HD.JPG
    Dish Free HD.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:
Generally speaking, these are the last ones who know what to charge when things like this change.

You should have grandfathered into the HD for Life based on having HD + Platinum. No commitment, No charge, No requirement for Auto Bill/Pay.

You should/may be able to get this correct. If you care about $100.00.

hey jrc - can you expand on the above or direct me where i can learn more about this hd for life and grandfathering? i've had HD and Platinum for over a year - what exactly does that mean to me? i called yesterday and they were trying to get me to take the $99 deal? i'm a bit confused. thanks in advance

Attachments

• freehd.jpg
    freehd.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 187
Here is my bill ?
CURRENT PROGRAMMING

America's Top 200 $54.99 Playboy $16.00 Fox Sports Ohio $0.00 Fox Sports Cincinnati $0.00 Big Ten Network $0.00 SportsTime Ohio $0.00 Latino Bonus w/Playboy $14.00 Superstation WWOR $2.00 HD Platinum $10.00 HD 200 Free $0.00

Sweet! Thanks for the tip ryotgz. I was just able to drop platinum. Now after my credits, It says I pay $40.99 a month. For America's Top 120, HD120 Free, and 1 722, and 1 612. Wow!

Never happier I switched from Directv. Now my bill is exactly 1/2 what it used to be with Directv. Yes, the bill will up next year once the credits run out, but it wouldn't matter.... it'll still be TONS cheaper.

Interesting. I've only had Dish Network service for 6 days. I'm gonna spend some time checking out the HD platinum channels and then decide if it's worth keeping for me.

I know Palladia is in the regular HD package but in one of Scott's post they said it was moving to Platinum. Is Palladia still available after you guys dropped the Platinum package?

I know Palladia is in the regular HD package but in one of Scott's post they said it was moving to Platinum. Is Palladia still available after you guys dropped the Platinum package?

I just dropped the Platinum HD from Dish Latino Max, and:

- My Account web page went through the whole change, including giving me before and after billing, BUT after the change, the web page still says Platinum is part of my programming, BUT

- Nevertheless my Platinum channels vanished from my Guide (not even in red). UPDATE: They were in red, but in the 3xx range. They seem to have removed the Platinum channels from the 53xx Dish Latino range altogether and adding or removing them just changes the usual 3xx and 94xx versions.

- Every channel that is not also in SD vanished, except for HD-Net which is still there :D (I think this is due to an agreement with Mark Cuban back a few months ago.)

- As specified in the literature and threads, Palladia and HDNetMovies are now in Platinum, and vanished.

- Usually billing changes appear in the Account web page overnight, so I expect to see the change tomorrow.

- You will be charged $5 downgrade fee.

Each guy needs to evaluate the Platinum channels, which do make a good movie package if you want more movies on your Dish receiver, but I was happy to save the $10 a month.

PS I am still grandfathered in the FSCPlus (formerly Setanta) for $10 deal for Latino or International subscribers, so I am keeping it through the summer, to make sure that I don't have it go up to $15 when I want it again in August...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)