Anyone else denied hd for life?

uhai1

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 30, 2008
I logged on my dish acct to sign up for the free hd for life and had a notice that I did not have a base package or any hd. I have the top 250+ HD but not Plat. I called Dish to ask why I did not qualify and as told it was because I pay annually. Anyone else have this to happen?

same here. Actually after giving them all of my information, they still wanted my receiver number, then said no. CSR roulette here we come.

I was told that I could sign up for monthly but because I pay annual my mo payment is cheaper. My mo. payment will go up but discount the 10.00 for hd I would net 3.34

I pay annually for the top 200 +HD and could not qualify on the HD for Life web page, so I went with Dish chat and he said annual subscribers were not eligible for the monthly option but that I could go with the $99.00 one time fee. I wanted to do this anyway because Dish billing occasionally has been as creative with my account as the CSR's are with answers to questions. But I don't get the logic of his response as I still pay the $10.00 HD fee monthly - it is not rolled into the annual payment.

Yea my monthly dvr and HD fees are paid monthly just my base package is annual. I was not offered to pay the $99.00. Just told I did not qualify.
After you pay the $99 will your monthly drop $10.00 for life?

Yea my monthly dvr and HD fees are paid monthly just my base package is annual. I was not offered to pay the $99.00. Just told I did not qualify.
After you pay the $99 will your monthly drop $10.00 for life?

It should unless you end your account. It is for the life of the account.

I have Top 250 , HD, and Platinum. How much would I save by paying annually instead of monthly?

I also have a 722K receiver.

I paid $700.00 back in Feb. that comes to 58.33/mo. Regular monthly is 64.99 thats 6.66.mo.If I go monthly and lose the 10.00 HD fee I would gain 3.34. But I was hoping to save 10.00 and add the Plat. I just got off a chat with Dish and they said as long as I pay annual no Hd for Life no way, no how.

The question here is how many receivers do you have and are they hooked up to phone lines. Even though DN says phones are not required anymore, they still ping receivers all the time, especially if you have a lot of receivers on your account. Since the illegal FTA community was shut down, the hackers have now started to get legit DN service and max out the allowed receivers on a account and sling receivers to their customers. The hackers(I'm in no way implying that you are are a part of this practice, I'm just saying that a bad apple spoils it for all of of us)) usually pay their bill 1 year in advance and Charlie is aware of this.

You pay for 11 months and get 12 months of service for the Top 250 base package. Receiver fee, locals, DVR and up to now HD were all separate monthly add ons.

I have Top 250 , HD, and Platinum. How much would I save by paying annually instead of monthly?

I also have a 722K receiver.

Got an annual package? No programming changes allowed!

Here is the chat I just had with a customer rep. I can't even add Platinum HD and PAY for it!!!

I asked: With an annual base package, is there any way to get the Free HD For Life? I'm already on AutoPay and Paperless Billing.

(03hy) Gary M.VD6: HI xxxxx.
(03hy) Gary M.VD6: How are you today?
(Me): Good
(03hy) Gary M.VD6: Nice to hear that.
(Me): You must be busy tonight.
(03hy) Gary M.VD6: You just need to go online and sign up with this promotion.
(03hy) Gary M.VD6: There are 2 requirements.
(03hy) Gary M.VD6: 1) you need to sign up with autopay and paperless billing.
(03hy) Gary M.VD6: 2) you also need to undergo 24 months of commitment period.
(03hy) Gary M.VD6: Once it is done, the HD pack will be free for you as long as you are with Dish Network services.
(03hy) Gary M.VD6: This can only be done online.
(Me): Have already tried this. Can't do it with an annual base package.
(03hy) Gary M.VD6: Yes, because it is available only for the monthly programming.
(Me): Can't make any online programming changes with an annual package.
(Me): Oh well, can't hurt to ask.
(Me): If I want to add Platinum, still $10?
(03hy) Gary M.VD6: Let me help you out.
(Me): I dropped Platinum last year, but a lot has been added to it.
(03hy) Gary M.VD6: I checked the information for you and I regret to inform you that the option to add HD Platinum is not available with Annual programming.
(03hy) Gary M.VD6: I'm sorry about that.
(Me): Wow, that seems pretty restrictive. I had it before!
(Me): I mean I had Silver HD plus Platinum HD.
(03hy) Gary M.VD6: I understand.
(03hy) Gary M.VD6: Now, that option isn't available.
(Me): Been a customer since 1997. Guess I'll have to call Direct TV.
(Me): This annual package keeps me from getting any other deals, and only saves me about one month's fees.
(03hy) Gary M.VD6: Yes.
(03hy) Gary M.VD6: Now, at the time of renewal, you need to change your programming.
(03hy) Gary M.VD6: You cannot change the programming in between.
(Me): I guess we're done then. This chat will go on SatelliteGuys.us Thanks!

So there you have it. At least I warned them it was going here!

sigmtr

Yeah, I saw that thread after I made the post. The thing here is, he told me I can't add anything to an annual package, even if I'm willing to pay extra for it. Wow!

sigmtr

That's pretty stupid. Hello Dish Network... We're getting "HD for LIFE".. If a customer has a monthly billing cycle, then they still 'get it for life'... If a customer pays once a year, they get it, "FOR LIFE."

At the billing cycle, could you switch from annually to monthly, THEN sign up for free for life, then change back to annual payment?

I was told I could convert to monthly and I would have credit untill my balance was used up.

I was told I could convert to monthly and I would have credit untill my balance was used up.

Better yet, I'm thinking about canceling after 13 years, making them give me a partial refund (only 6 months into the 1-yr period) and then let the retention department call and see what they say.

Let's be clear here, despite what it says on the new Retailer Price sheet about being able to add Platinum to any HD Pac, you cannot do it if you have an annual base package. Even though the HD metal pac is a monthly charge and this would be an add-on to that.

By the same logic, I could not add another movie package to my Starz and Cinemax $22 monthly add on, right?

This is insane.

sigmtr

I paid $700.00 back in Feb. that comes to 58.33/mo. Regular monthly is 64.99 thats 6.66.mo.If I go monthly and lose the 10.00 HD fee I would gain 3.34. But I was hoping to save 10.00 and add the Plat. I just got off a chat with Dish and they said as long as I pay annual no Hd for Life no way, no how.

That just doesn't make sense...If I was Dish, I would much rather have your $700.00 in my pocket all at once, than just a little of it each month...and why would I want to PO my annual payers???
As a well known Science Officer would say, "Highly illogical".

Ghpr13:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)