Anyone else get 4.00 increase with Eveyting Pak?

Annie2005

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 17, 2005
California
Just raised me 4.00 on America's Everthing Pak (82.99 to 86.99) :no and then next bill had a .70 cent new charge for state and local tax I never had before and a 1 cent increase on my additional reciever fee from 5.98 to 5.99. As if I didn't pay enough already! What is going on here? Anybody else getting these increases or am I the only lucky one?

The $4 increase for AEP was part of this years rate hike. You should have received a letter explaining the increase and a PPV coupon.

I believe California passed a satellite tax recently.

My additional receiver fee is $4.99. Do you lease?

NightRyder

Yeah I got the letter and PPV coupon. Didn't hear anything about the new tax. I'm just venting...with the everthing pak and superstations and DNS I'm paying over a hundred and six per month as it is. I lease my 501 and lease my 301 and own my old 3700.I don't pay the lease fee with the 501 with the Americas Everthing Pak, But they bill me 5.00 lease fee on the 301 and 4.99 (used to be 4.98) additional receiver access fee for the 3700.Probably if I bought a 301 they would drop the lease fee and charge me the access fee. Paying all this and they won't even upgrade the 301 or 3700 because they upgraded me once already to the 501.But that last .70 cent tax they added broke the camels back. I'm either gonna dump the 3700 and do without TV in the bedroom except by rabbit ears or switch to DirectTV and Tivo

Are you on DHP or DHA leasing promotion? Do you have a DVR 501 or a DVR 510? Would you be willing to post your bill? How long ago did you upgrade your receivers, once a year is their current rule?
Directv would cost at it's cheapest Opcion Premier $87.99 Tivo and two additional receivers $9.98/Mo.( $4.99 to duplicate programming per receiver) = $97.97 plus any TAXES.
DISH Network should cost the same $9.98/Mo. for duplicating fees plus$86.99 for AE pak= $96.97 plus TAXES.

I'm not sure which promotion it was. Its the DVR 501 which I found out that 508 and 510 and 522 were all out at the time that they never told me about. It hasn't been a year yet. And on the Dish N it Up ad it says you can get up to 2 upgraded but they still say I can't until the year is up. I've been a customer like 6 or 7 years so you'd think they'd be nicer to me. And I pay for the most expensive plan plus extras.I'd even be willing to get another 501 because I don't need all the disk space. I just feel I'm being overcharged for the service I have. Every month there is an increase for something it seems.My scanner is down so I can't post my bill right now.Trying to find a way to lower the bill without losing the peticular channels I want.

Annie2005 said:
I'm not sure which promotion it was. Its the DVR 501 which I found out that 508 and 510 and 522 were all out at the time that they never told me about. It hasn't been a year yet. And on the Dish N it Up ad it says you can get up to 2 upgraded but they still say I can't until the year is up. I've been a customer like 6 or 7 years so you'd think they'd be nicer to me. And I pay for the most expensive plan plus extras.I'd even be willing to get another 501 because I don't need all the disk space. I just feel I'm being overcharged for the service I have. Every month there is an increase for something it seems.My scanner is down so I can't post my bill right now.Trying to find a way to lower the bill without losing the particular channels I want.

Just FYI. Thanks to the new satellite bill, If you cancel DNS or leave Dish you'll never be able to get DNS back.

NightRyder

Just realized I have the 510 not 501--I must be dyslexic. But I don't understand why the Dish N It Up says I can upgrade up to 2 boxes and they will only let me do one.If I trade a owned box for a leased one will I have to pay 4.99 lease fee AND 4.99 additional reciever fee?

I will try and make this short. When I leased two 510's last year I did this through thier Dishnitup offer. Because I have the AEP I was informed my bill would only go up .01. I thought that was strange but what the heck. Last month my bill went up I think it was 5.16 in addition to the rate increase. Seems they tell you one thing to get you signed up and do another later on . I ranted on this site about my ordeal I think it would make good reading.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)