Anyone else get Windows 8?

I have a site licensed copy of Windows 8 at home along with Office 2013. I was thinking about putting it on my laptop, but I am still more leaning towards not doing so. Since I do have extra laptop HDDs, I may put one on a spare HDD just to try it out.

It's not placebo, 8 is faster in a variety of ways. If you tweak 8 to look like 7, you're still ahead.
It wasn't the placebo effect I was refering to. It was simply a fresh install vs running an OS for over a year.

Whenever I reinstall my Windows 7 image on any of my computers it always runs faster than it did prior to the fresh install. I was just curious as to how much of the performance boost is due to it being Windows 8 and how much is due to the fact that it is a fresh install.

Faster load times, shutdown and navigating for me on my desktop, this notebook and looks like the netbook I put it on last night... I haven't needed the start button on mine, I go to metro>apps and find what I need pretty quickly.

Yeah Win8 runs great on my desktop did I DL upgrade ran well gaming FPS is better just overall runs better than what Win7 did. I have Win8 on my Slate it runs good on it as well. At some point I plan on getting the wife a Surface Pro due to her laptop is needing to be updated so the Surface will fit her needs allot better.

It wasn't the placebo effect I was refering to. It was simply a fresh install vs running an OS for over a year.

The upgraded Win8 virtual is significantly faster than Win 7 on my mac.

Whenever I reinstall my Windows 7 image on any of my computers it always runs faster than it did prior to the fresh install. I was just curious as to how much of the performance boost is due to it being Windows 8 and how much is due to the fact that it is a fresh install.

I cloned the virtual and then upgraded the clone to 8. 8 is faster by about 5-10 seconds on boot and quicker to launch apps. You lose a lot of that advantage by having to look for stuff.

I don't drive Win8 full time, I run Win7 on the corporate machine, and Mac OS on my personal machine.

I use win7 and win8 and Mountain Lion 10.8.3 on my Dell XPS 13. Recently added win8 to test.. its aigh. Barely boot into it as I do ML more then anything else on my Laptop.

BTW: Booting on an SSD drive and its simply amazingly fast on the xps 13. I will never go back to a conventional HDD on my Laptop

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)