Anyone else gettin screwed?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
SBC / AT&T issues

So I am in the same boat as the original poster, although I have a 522/311 combo through the SBC/Dish promo. I was told that since I have that plan on my account I cannot just unbundle my account and allow Dish to service it, since when it transfers it will still be the same plan except Dish will send me my bill instead of SBC.

I am being told I technically need to cancel my SBC Dish account and sign up for a Dish Dish account before they can even talk to me about the 622 upgrade for me.

Since they can't start the process for the new account until I cancel my old one I will be without service for about 30 days since according to them it takes 30 days to have a 622 installed due to its popularity.

Has anyone had any success with this scenario or should I just ditch Dish altogether since the wife will not be happy without TV for 30 days (and unhappy wife makes for unhappy me...)

Any advice would be appreciated.

--DD73

You are getting screwed. I am a former employee of dishnetwork. There is a promo for current customers to trade their 811's and 942's for for the new VIP recievers. This promo will allow you to recieve a credit on your bill and pay the upgrade lease cost for the reciever. The cost will be that a new customer gets. Now the only way that you will not get this offer is if you have had a bad payment history. It's called Dishing It Up.

Superman used to work for Dish? Get outta here...I'd have believed Blue Beetle or Nightwing, and MAYBE Aquaman, but not supes...

Dudleydog73 said:
So I am in the same boat as the original poster, although I have a 522/311 combo through the SBC/Dish promo. I was told that since I have that plan on my account I cannot just unbundle my account and allow Dish to service it, since when it transfers it will still be the same plan except Dish will send me my bill instead of SBC.

I am being told I technically need to cancel my SBC Dish account and sign up for a Dish Dish account before they can even talk to me about the 622 upgrade for me.

Since they can't start the process for the new account until I cancel my old one I will be without service for about 30 days since according to them it takes 30 days to have a 622 installed due to its popularity.

Has anyone had any success with this scenario or should I just ditch Dish altogether since the wife will not be happy without TV for 30 days (and unhappy wife makes for unhappy me...)

Any advice would be appreciated.

--DD73
Sign up with DISH in your wifes name using her Social Security number and a cell phone number:)

Been gettin screwed by dish since December and worse and worse over the last 6 months until I became a former employee recently.

I might try the create an account under the wife's name trick with the cell phone number... Its a shame that I have to play that game.

To the guy that said I should use the Dishin It Up promo to trade in my 811, that would be dandy if I had an 811. I have a 522/311 and they have no desire to have those back it seems.

Do you think it would be worth it to try an email to ceo@dishnetwork.com?

--DD73

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts