Anyone else gettin screwed?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

knightwolf61

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 15, 2006
Houston, Texas
I called Dish and wanted to switch out my old obsolete 811 reciever with the new 211 so I can get all of the HD channels. Dish said that these new 211's are only being leased to new customers...I was paying $9.99 for the HD package and found out that I was only getting 5 HD channels....What a rip....I cancelled the HD pack, which I was told couldnt be restarted again once cancelled. This ticks me off that a new boot can get the new products and old established customers cant...I would have to buy the 211, which I am considering, But $300 is a bit steep...Anyone have any ideas on who to talk to at Dish to get them to upgrade my 811 to a 211 possibly for free? I figure they arent doing it because they dont want to get stuck with a warehouse full of old 811's.....

Call again, you got a misinformed CSR. Current customers can lease a 211 for $49 (install included).

NightRyder

They said since I already have 4 leased receivers I cant exchange the 811 for a 211...Maybe i could of gotten the 211 if i had less than 4 leased receivers already

You can still upgrade. It does not matter how many you have. But they are only going to upgrade the 811 to a 211. 1 upgrade. The csr you spoke to didn't know their arse from a hole in the ground. Call back.

I generally bypass the Indian call centers by going through tech support. They seem to be able to handle everything.

on the phone with them now and being told that since my account is through sbc/att my account is restricted to certain promotions and not eligible for others

knightwolf61 said:
on the phone with them now and being told that since my account is through sbc/att my account is restricted to certain promotions and not eligible for others

Then you aren't getting screwed by Dish, you're getting screwed by SBC/AT&T, not that it makes much difference from your end. :eek:

NightRyder

Ok, call sbc and request the form to transfer your account over to dishnetwork, this should allow you to do what you want to do.

Van said:
Ok, call sbc and request the form to transfer your account over to dishnetwork, this should allow you to do what you want to do.

Yeap, like Van said. I got the letter from AT&T a while back stating that if I wanted Dish Network to handle my account to give them a call and they will transfer the account to E*.

GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!! I emailed the ceo and whalla, they are sending a guy out tomorrow with a 211 and the install is free.....All I have to do is send back one of my 311's which they are sending me a prepaid box for...Thanks for the help

knightwolf61 said:
GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!! I emailed the ceo and whalla, they are sending a guy out tomorrow with a 211 and the install is free.....All I have to do is send back one of my 311's which they are sending me a prepaid box for...Thanks for the help

Nice. With all of the equipment you are leasing, and all of the programming you are paying for, you are smart not to put up with the usual csr garbage, and they were smart not to continue jerking you around.

knightwolf61 said:
They said since I already have 4 leased receivers I cant exchange the 811 for a 211...Maybe i could of gotten the 211 if i had less than 4 leased receivers already
that makes no sense what so ever..Cal back and get a coach on the phone...If you are rebuffed on that request, threaten to cancel..You will then be directed to the "winback" dept...they should be able to give you the correct info...

ccg3 said:
Did you check the Dish Network Internet? at WWW.dishnetwork.com you can do your upgrades without a CSR. Aslo Dish does not have any Indian call centers

Funny, the idiot I dealt with on the Bronze Pack stated he was in India when I asked directly. Also disconnected me when connecting to a tech.

I guess he was lying?

ccg3 said:
Did you check the Dish Network Internet? at WWW.dishnetwork.com you can do your upgrades without a CSR. Aslo Dish does not have any Indian call centers

Well, the accents don't lead me to believe they are from Texas!:devil: Of course some of the centers are in India. I've delt with too many of them to believe otherwise. :mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)