Anyone else getting "skipping" when FF on DVR Recordings??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

midwesttv

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 21, 2012
USA
I'm noticing with recording on the dvr, that when I am fast forwarding through commercials (or anything) then hitting play, the dvr is skipping ahead about 6 minutes or more..

Is quite frustrating when you are trying to take-up where the show left off before the commercial...These are not PTAT recordings..Seems to be more prevalent since S221 :confused:

Yes getting this and its very very annoying. I fast forward to where I want and it jumps either 15-20mins forward when I hit play or skip back a huge time block. The only work around is to use the 30 second skip button over and over. Annoying as hell.

I've had this problem since s213, but only on my Joeys. It is almost impossible to watch recorded shows on them. Sometimes when I fast forward through the commecial and press play, it jumps to the end of the show. When rewinding, sometimes it jumps back to the beginning. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the delay...when I have the hopper and joey on the same channel, the joey tv is a few seconds behind the hopper tv. I can only watch shows without commercials on my joeys. It sucks.

I've had this problem on my Hopper ever since I got it. It seemed a little better with S217 but worse again now on S221. My old 622 did it too sometimes, so it's not a new problem...

I am as well. My Hopper is in the theater so most of my TV watching is in the living room with a Joey and it is really bad. At first I thought it was how the Joey streams from the Hopper where when you hit play the hard drive is still reading and not matching up. I was going to see if there was any difference in behavior if I have nothing being written to the drive and then fast forwarding. I am glad you posted this as I thought I had bad hardware or something.

Honestly it almost behaves like a backwards auto hop with the way it jumps.

Thank god I'm not crazy I thought it was only me and I wasn't about to call tech support about it, after only having the system for a week. It really can be annoying hopefully they fix it with the next go around.

Thanks Matt,

Glad to hear that Dish is at least aware of this...Hopefully it is something that can be repaired sooner than later

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)