Anyone else have problems with NBC Thursday Football Pic?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jeepwrang3

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 24, 2006
Elkton, MD
I receive local s via H20 HD in the Baltimore area. My NBC seemed to pixelate when the ball was snapped, and really looked horrible at times with the picture slowing down. Did anyone else expierience this same problem?

I was watching it last night on OTA and it was pretty bad at times. I just think that all of the stations really need to get there HD pic better. The only channel I really loved was CBS when march Madness was going on. It was pretty good I thought.

Only caught the fourth quarter, but immediately noticed issues with pixelation +loss of detail on the medium-to-long range camera shots. The pixelation seemed to clear up half-way thru the quarter. Was wondering if this was going on the whole game?

By the way....saw the same problem on local OTA, D*, and E* feeds.

i watched it OTA in Vegas and half the game was in low def. pluss audio droppouts and pixilization.

i was pissed.

:( This scares the crap out of me. I was watching the game last night on Comcast and my friend and I could not believe how clear the picture was. The shots of Madden and Al in the booth was so deep it looked like they were standing in front of the TV. I've always know Cable had a better HD pic but is Sunday Ticket worth loosing my Wow factor?? Yeah, I guess it is my appt is tomorrow :)

Looked good to me OTA in Buffalo, although I didn't watch the whole game. In my opinion, all sports should be in 720p (like ABC, Fox) and not 1080i (like NBC, CBS). When I watch sports in 720p the picture is amazing - no macroblocking. When I watch sports in 1080i it looks better than SD but not as good as 720p IMHO. I can definitley see a difference between NBC/CBS and Fox with their preseason coverage.

dnyce said:
:( This scares the crap out of me. I was watching the game last night on Comcast and my friend and I could not believe how clear the picture was. The shots of Madden and Al in the booth was so deep it looked like they were standing in front of the TV. I've always know Cable had a better HD pic but is Sunday Ticket worth loosing my Wow factor?? Yeah, I guess it is my appt is tomorrow :)

Ahh...the same issue I am wrestling with!

I am a quality nut but also a football nut! Why do I have to choose??!!!:confused: :)

It did look great on Charter cable in HD (Detroit area)

progressive would also have a better picture with sports than interlaced. if nbc is at 1080i and your tv is only at 720p and your box is at 720p wouldnt you be down compressing the feed.

mdp1116 said:
progressive would also have a better picture with sports than interlaced. if nbc is at 1080i and your tv is only at 720p and your box is at 720p wouldnt you be down compressing the feed.

Well, technically any programming with extreme amounts of movement or color change will look better on a progressive display. But some 1080i sets don't have any problems. I have a RPTV, a Toshiba 57H81, calibrated by a pro. It's a 1080i set and as long as the signal strength (i.e. bitrate) sports programming does not break up for me.

Personally...I would just get a 1080p set and be done with it! ;)

Rob67 said:
Personally...I would just get a 1080p set and be done with it! ;)

Unfortunatly you would have nothing but DVD's to watch...
There is no 1080p broadcast as of yet. (networks wise)

Jimbo

Here in NW Ohio, the Steelers game on NBC looked damn good, I was pleasantly suprised, seeing it's a 1080i broadcast.

I would perfer the sports to be in 720p as well, but it's not my call.....

Jimbo

ramimac said:
i watched it OTA in Vegas and half the game was in low def. pluss audio droppouts and pixilization.

i was pissed.

Your exaggerating a bit. The vast majority of the game was HD, but KVBC did mysteriously drop to SD at the start of the 4th quarter and that took a while for them to fix. I didn't notice any recurring problems with audio dropouts, but was multitasking with the tennis match and my computer. Blocking was a problem on NBC stations throughout the country. However, there's the potential for it to look real good as this cap I took demonstrates.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts