Anyone else having issues with their AM21?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

edisonprime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
I noticed since the last software update the AM21 off-air tuner is INCREDIBLY SLOW programming zip codes. Funny, I didn't think it could get any slower before that. Now it even has to search for a local market on a secondary zip code. Well anyways, I had to do a hard reboot on my Genie 44 because a couple stations weren't in my guide. Since I did that, I had to redo my off-air setup. Problem is, is that I tried putting in zip codes several times, and NOTHING shows up for OTA channels. This is messed up. What can I do to fix this?

I just did a "CLEARMYBOX" because photos and descriptions weren't there after working with my cords. Does anyone know if that will help if I wait a few days after the Genie reloads data and then program zips for off-air channels?

I just did a "CLEARMYBOX" because photos and descriptions weren't there after working with my cords. Does anyone know if that will help if I wait a few days after the Genie reloads data and then program zips for off-air channels?

The latest NR software is terrible with the AM21... Takes forever. The CE from last week fixed that. It doesn't search for markets twice like the newest NR.

The latest NR software is terrible with the AM21... Takes forever. The CE from last week fixed that. It doesn't search for markets twice like the newest NR.
Pardon my ignorance but I don't know what NR or CE stand for. Do I have to do something special to get the AM21 working again? I reset the OTA settings and searched just one market and the "edit off-air channels" part is blank while the "initial setup", "reset settings" and "done" are still there. How do I get the OTA stations to show up in my Genie again. Would that "CLEARMYBOX" work? DirecTV is mailing (to the billing address since I'm "moved") another AM21 free of charge to me (I just have to pay the tax on it), and I'm hesitant to believe that one will work either.

I honestly have no idea what you're talking about, edison, so I am not really sure what to say. One thing is that I see you've done "clearmybox" a lot - I wouldn't do that too often. It can take a while to get everything back and if you do it again too soon, it won't help. What photos and descriptions are you talking about? I can tell you that if a station isn't showing up for you, a reset won't make it appear.

I have been using the AM 21's and as far as I can tell, when your loading the Initial OTA channels, it always takes time to find the OTA in the database, longer than I would expect, particularly seeing all they are doing is finding whats in the database, not actually scanning for channels.

1 of my AM21s refuses to pick up 11.1, or any of the 11 subs as well, the rest pick it up fine, I have had 11.1 on this am21 for years and for some reason had to re load the OTAs a few weeks back and it won't pick up 11.1 regardless of what I may try.

Typically, if I can't get this channel I'll just move the antenna slightly and rescan but that hasn't helped of late.

I have been using the AM 21's and as far as I can tell, when your loading the Initial OTA channels, it always takes time to find the OTA in the database, longer than I would expect, particularly seeing all they are doing is finding whats in the database, not actually scanning for channels.

1 of my AM21s refuses to pick up 11.1, or any of the 11 subs as well, the rest pick it up fine, I have had 11.1 on this am21 for years and for some reason had to re load the OTAs a few weeks back and it won't pick up 11.1 regardless of what I may try.

Typically, if I can't get this channel I'll just move the antenna slightly and rescan but that hasn't helped of late.
The problem is is that it's not picking up anything. Is there anything I can do to fix that?
I honestly have no idea what you're talking about, edison, so I am not really sure what to say. One thing is that I see you've done "clearmybox" a lot - I wouldn't do that too often. It can take a while to get everything back and if you do it again too soon, it won't help. What photos and descriptions are you talking about? I can tell you that if a station isn't showing up for you, a reset won't make it appear.
You know the photos of the shows when you highlight them in the guide and actor/crew information when you select the show? Some of the info has come back, so I'm not worried about that. I only cleared my box once, but I was wondering if that will reset anything so I can put in my zip codes for OTA again in a few days and then maybe it will work? Right now, I type in my zip codes and after that the "edit off-air channels" is blank and the OTA stations aren't showing up in my guide either. I was wondering if my AM21 is defective or something? What can I do so it will read the OTA stations again?

The problem is is that it's not picking up anything. Is there anything I can do to fix that?

You know the photos of the shows when you highlight them in the guide and actor/crew information when you select the show? Some of the info has come back, so I'm not worried about that. I only cleared my box once, but I was wondering if that will reset anything so I can put in my zip codes for OTA again in a few days and then maybe it will work? Right now, I type in my zip codes and after that the "edit off-air channels" is blank and the OTA stations aren't showing up in my guide either. I was wondering if my AM21 is defective or something? What can I do so it will read the OTA stations again?
I would go ahead and do an Initial scan, like it's the first time and see if that makes any difference, not sure if it will or not, just something to try, unless thats what you've been doing.

I don't think you need to wait days, or even hours, I've tried 5 minutes apart before.

Quick question... Would a hard reboot (where you unplug the Genie for 15 seconds) mess up the AM21 at all?

Unplugged it for 15 seconds... It's working now!!!! I'm canceling the new one before it's shipped!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)