Anyone else lose 9393?

hillsmi

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 4, 2006
Michigan
Woke up from my nap today, and my wife states that 3ABN is gone.

Not on any channel list in the guide; no slot on All Channels or All Sub for 9393 3ABN.

Could some of you others check to see if you have 3ABN, or if you did, is it now gone?

I had retained the Dish Family pkg when they transitioned it; them telling me that I would keep getting all the Dish Family channels, as long as I don't upgrade my pkg, because if I did, the Family pkg is no longer avail, so there is no going back.

3ABN was on the list last evening, but as of the afternoon of 1/30, no more.

Curious to know if other Dish subscribers have 9393 available.

Thank you

pentagon and arts are gone too..they had to move things around due to the issues with the 77 satellite (even tho these were on 61.5)..they had to make room for locals that were on 77 Hopefully everything will be back soon

It is a known issue

The following DMAs/Channels are currently experiencing an outage on the 77/72.7/61.5 orbital.
Davenport DMA
Springfield MA DMA
Cincinnati OH DMA
PFC Ch. 577
RBTI Ch. 598
Sahara One Ch. 797
ERA Sport Ch. 916
-------------> Three Angels Broadcasting Network Ch. 9393 <--------------
Health and Human Services Television Ch. 9402
Pentagon Channel Ch. 9405
Arts & Entertainment Ch. 9406
Alma Vision Hispanic Network Ch. 9413
FEC TV Ch. 9418
KBS World Ch. 9850
PPV Ch. 516 - 525

Is this going to essentially resolve?

After speaking with CSM and explaining my problem, and going through all the normal troubleshooting, they want to send out a tech to see what, if anything can be wrong, and if there is a resolution.

I am wondering now, if it is worth the effort to send out a tech, since it is not a problem on 'my' end of things, and essentially a E* issue.

Should I just cancel the service call, and wait for things to get back to the way they should be? (Will my 61.5 channels eventually reappear?)

And another ?; why aren't the phone techs notified of this issue so that they can inform the customers on the phone of the problem, instead of going through all the textbook troubleshooting hoo hah? Seems like it would be common sense for the phone tech to say, "We are experiencing some technical issues, and are working on a resolution," instead of saying, "Let's unplug your receiver for 10 seconds, then run the check switch test, etc., etc., etc.

Have the Tier1 phone techs save a lot of time, and the customers frustration (when the customers know that nothing is wrong with their setup or equipment). Obviously, if all the other birds the dish is looking at are coming in are displaying channels, but (in my case) all the 61.5 channels 'disappeared', but I still get a lock and signal from 61.5, just tell me that there's a problem and you are working to fix it.

Last edited:
Is this going to essentially resolve?

Should I just cancel the service call, and wait for things to get back to the way they should be? (Will my 61.5 channels eventually reappear?)
Yes this will resolve and yes I would cancel the service call as sending out a tech is not going to fix the issue, its a national problem. :)

They will get it fixed. I am actually surprised how well they recovered so far.