Anyone else lose channel logos in the guide the other day?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I loved the channel logos in the guide. Is there anything I can do to get them back?

Not once you upgrade above FW version 0x1037

Now you can revert back to 0x1037 which is in the stream right now. But your box will eventually try to upgrade to version 0x1088 or greater between the hours of 3 AM to 7 AM EST M-F.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

I have the logos in the guide on my Genie 2 and I’m on 0x1037 and they are going to add the logos back in the next few months I heard from person at DirecTV

Last edited:
I have 1040 and I don't have the channel logos. I think they took them out so that the guide will scroll faster right? I think you will see the channel logos in the guide return in the HS-27 and above since I think those servers will use the DTV NOW interface. I think this will happen because the C71KW will only work with the HS-27 and above and because the C71KW uses Android TV. This is all speculation on my part.

0X1037 is the last version with the logos, after that they have been removed and the current release that folks are getting updated to 0X1088 does not have them. Last week DTV moved 1088 to the morning update (stream) so folks who are flagged for updates (DTV controlled and I have no idea how they roll) will start to see them being lost. I am sure it will confuse folks who think something is wrong since they just disappear overnight, one would think DTV would at least inform the customer of changes but nah, that wouldn't be the newer owner AT&T's MO.

So one can downgrade back to 1037 but one will just be upgraded back to 1088 etc. The advantage I can see why they did it was to speed up the guide or there was some major memory issues created with loading the guide with logos (who knows). One thing to note is that the logo is still there when you change channels in the upper right info bar, so they are not entirely lost, just in the guide. Personally I liked them in the guide but did find that they slowed the guide down when scrolling because the guide was much quicker to scroll without them etc.

Happy Memorial Day (Tomorrow) to everyone!

0X1037 is the last version with the logos, after that they have been removed and the current release that folks are getting updated to 0X1088 does not have them. Last week DTV moved 1088 to the morning update (stream) so folks who are flagged for updates (DTV controlled and I have no idea how they roll) will start to see them being lost. I am sure it will confuse folks who think something is wrong since they just disappear overnight, one would think DTV would at least inform the customer of changes but nah, that wouldn't be the newer owner AT&T's MO.

So one can downgrade back to 1037 but one will just be upgraded back to 1088 etc. The advantage I can see why they did it was to speed up the guide or there was some major memory issues created with loading the guide with logos (who knows). One thing to note is that the logo is still there when you change channels in the upper right info bar, so they are not entirely lost, just in the guide. Personally I liked them in the guide but did find that they slowed the guide down when scrolling because the guide was much quicker to scroll without them etc.

Happy Memorial Day (Tomorrow) to everyone!
Don't forget, those same Logos suddenly appeared a while back ... with no word as to what or why, so them leaving is no surprise ...
They may be back at a later date ....
Mayne they decided to leave them when you change channels once they seen what was happening when they squished them in the house cells ....
I like the way it is now better.

Reactions: Techiefan
Don't forget, those same Logos suddenly appeared a while back ... with no word as to what or why, so them leaving is no surprise ...
They may be back at a later date ....
Mayne they decided to leave them when you change channels once they seen what was happening when they squished them in the house cells ....
I like the way it is now better.

I don’t know. That’s one of the things I missed when I switched from Dish Network to DirecTV; channel logos in the guide.

Reactions: longhorn23
Have the logos if it makes the guide run faster and add another half-hour to the guide.
Or simply give us the best of both worlds (which is something DIRECTV rarely if ever does)

And make the logos optional as with the TiVo Hydra UI ...

But alas, ... as usual no such common sense options from DIRECTV FW developers ...
dfe2a9aaf78bdcf2767de71da5d1f99a.jpg

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts