Anyone else still not have "I Am Legend?"

I just spoke to tech support about this......

It's still being slow-rolled to receivers, and any particular receiver may or may not get it.

They did put a note on my account to honor the $2.99 price when/if I get the movie and watch it.

I am NOT pleased with this.

With all the hoopla and stuff, this is just another bone-headed move by Echostar/Dish Network.

It's still being slow-rolled to receivers, and any particular receiver may or may not get it.

They did put a note on my account to honor the $2.99 price when/if I get the movie and watch it.

With all the hoopla and stuff, this is just another bone-headed move by Echostar/Dish Network.

Did you expect anything else from Charlie and Company???

i didnt see anything about " to get this, you cant watch tv for 3 days."

Oh come on now, don't be silly.

I was suggesting how to increase your chances of getting the whole thing downloaded.
The file is at least 10 gigabytes large, if my back-of-the-envelope calculations are correct. The two-hour Transormers movie using MPEG 4 AVC and 1080p is around 25 gigabytes, but probably not compressed nearly as much as I Am Legend would be from DISH Network.

I pitched a note at some contacts at Dish. Try making sure your receiver(s) are in standby tomorrow between 0700am and 0900am CDT (GMT-5).

LER

I woke up this morning to find another SD movie or 2 on 501. I can't remember how many I had before. I now have 14 SD movies but no HD.

I pitched a note at some contacts at Dish. Try making sure your receiver(s) are in standby tomorrow between 0700am and 0900am CDT (GMT-5).

LER

So what was supposed to happen between 7am and 9am CDT? My 722 is still blank, and my 622 went from 10 CH501's to 9 CH501's. That's all that happened.

Or is this what was supposed to happen? Well it worked perfectly ;)

Well I wouldn't put too much stock in 'notes on your account' based on my own and others' posted experiences in this forum!

So what was supposed to happen between 7am and 9am CDT? My 722 is still blank, and my 622 went from 10 CH501's to 9 CH501's. That's all that happened.

Or is this what was supposed to happen? Well it worked perfectly ;)

Supposedly it was to spool again in that time frame. I haven't been home yet to check my 622 attached to the 1080p aquos.

If it's not there, I will be talking to my contacts at Dish again, and they WILL get to the bottom of it.

I'm working with folks in the programming department, so we WILL get to the bottom of this eventually.

Getting it listed in the program guide is just one of the hurdles. Getting your TV to pass the compatibility test when you try to download it is proving to be an even larger one.

I got it on my 622 too, sometime last week when I was away on vacation. I've already seen IAL, so I'll wait and try viewing one someday that's new to me...

It's not even that good of a movie anyway.

Got it on mine, my update window is not at the default, it's at 4:30am.

I did NOT get it today. Talking with my contacts at Dish, it will spool again tonight between 0400CDT and 0600CDT. They also asked me to disconnect the Ethernet on a hunch.

If others want to play along, you are welcome to.

I do NOT want any wise-acre posts as the engineers are also not sure WHY we aren't getting the movie, and I am working with them.

I am posting this in an effort to help both Dish and the SatelliteGuys membership.

LER

I still dont have it either on my 722. Will let you know tomorrow.
Maybe instead of the whole month of august, it was supposed to be a whole day of august;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)