Anyone else with this issue??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

huskerhead

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 12, 2003
Urbandale, Iowa
I've posted it a couple times within other Hopper and HWS threads but we have a recurring issue with either HWS box. We'll try to watch a recorded program (PTAT folder or regular folder - makes no difference) that was recorded on the other HWS but when you press play (or start, or resume) we get live video of whatever channel we're on with or without audio and with or without moving video. Try to FF and we get the error gif. Only way to fix is to reset receiver...which we do more than once a week. Dish sent a refurbished HWS last month (I knew that wasn't the issue as we had the same issues on the 1st gen Hoppers too) which hasn't fixed anything. Any thoughts? TIA!

Yup, same thing happens to me. I've seen a couple of other refs to this.

Another strange thing is if you pause the playback (if it started). Then press swap tuner. It will show the paused graphics from the program pause on the other tuner. Fast reverse and the graphics will switch back and forth between the two tuners.

Do you have more than 1 hopper?
I was having similar problem when my 2nd hopper was added 2h2j,
As advised in other thread, I removed wifi (internet) from 2nd hopper.
The hopper with internet shares internet with other hoppers/joeys via the moca (node,rg6,intranet).
Since changing to only 1 hopper directly connected to internet, this problem has not recurred.

I also swapped hopper locations (wanted new-HWS in primary location) on the node which created lost tuners during multiple simultanious recordings.
This was resolved by performing a 'switch check/test'.

I have had no issues in the 3 weeks after these changes were made.

So if others have experienced these issues why is there no fix (or at least one that's been talked about)? I don't want to change the "proper" method of hook-up. As great as these boxes are I'm (as is the family) getting awfully tired of resetting HWS's more than once a week on average.

I wouldn't say its changing the proper method of connection. If you have 2 Hoppers connected, having a seperate IP connection on each COULD cause an issue as has been seen in the past. I personally just hook one up to the Internet and then enable bridging on that one with the conection to share that connection with everything else on the network.

Our Hoppers play fine from one to another EXCEPT when one is recording something. Then it behaves just like described above except that it can be fixed by turning the Hopper off and then on again.

I wouldn't say its changing the proper method of connection. If you have 2 Hoppers connected, having a seperate IP connection on each COULD cause an issue as has been seen in the past. I personally just hook one up to the Internet and then enable bridging on that one with the conection to share that connection with everything else on the network.

So I need to enable bridging on one of the two HWS (both are connected via WiFi), correct? Simple as that (theoretically)?

I would only connect to wifi with 1 of your HWS. On that same HWS, enable bridging. On the other HWS, connect to the wrong wifi network or enter the wrong password so it doesn't connect and disable bridging. Then the HWS that is connected and has bridging enabled will share the connection with the entire network.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)