Anyone else's locals go "Off Air" at 1AM?

Chris Walker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2004
All my locals in the Greensboro NC market are showing up in my guide as Off Air and when I try to view the channels, I am getting a "Channel Not Available" message. Anyone else seeing this?

All my locals in the Greensboro NC market are showing up in my guide as Off Air and when I try to view the channels, I am getting a "Channel Not Available" message. Anyone else seeing this?

Same here for Green Bay, WI locals.

It's moving from one satellite to another in the same orbital location. It may or may not move transponder number. We'll see in the uplink report later today. I would NOT expect any real difference in the PQ.

Here in Grand Rapids I lost my CBS and NBC affiliates a little after midnight. I was watching Letterman and all of the sudden a Graphic pops up and says you are not subscribed to this pay per view event and wants me to pay one cent to watch. To change channels it suggests using the guide button, which shows CBS and NBC as being off air. My locals are always available 24 hours a day, I'm hoping this a glitch of some kind because my locals are on the 129 satellite.

Here in Grand Rapids I lost my CBS and NBC affiliates a little after midnight. I was watching Letterman and all of the sudden a Graphic pops up and says you are not subscribed to this pay per view event and wants me to pay one cent to watch. To change channels it suggests using the guide button, which shows CBS and NBC as being off air. My locals are always available 24 hours a day, I'm hoping this a glitch of some kind because my locals are on the 129 satellite.
Your locals are probably on both arcs. They had to take the markets off air that were being transitioned on 61.5 from both arcs because they were making modifications to both arcs at the same time. You should see that you might have new HD locals (CW or PBS) that you only had in SD before.

Well, the gig is finally up. I gotta figure out what to do with the steelers fans. Looking like a PS3 and Sunday Ticket might be in order.

That's the avenue I chose for Eagles games.Still haven't found the ST app yet however,the PS3 is pretty dang kewl!Should have had one before now.The slogan (it only does everything) is pretty accurate.

I think Aaron is talking about conus locals. :cry:

Well, the gig is finally up.

Actually, it's the "jig" (a dance) is up, meaning it's time to pay the fiddler and go home... To your actual service address. ;)

I see no emoticon there, dare2be. Is this an oblique reference to prying a gun from your cold/dead fingers?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts