Anyone figure out what this show is on TV Azteca/PAS9?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Shawn95GT

Tivo fanatic
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 9, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
i'm seeing it on 11.556H VPID 3601, SR 3.680 MS/s

Yesterday it was a lady teaching a guy to dance and it was quite funny.

Today it looks like a 'Real World' / 'Big Brother' show. I can't find anything on TV Azteca's website about the show.

There are no commercials... is it a feed?

Hmm Lyngsat says it's 'La Academia'. Hmm that site isn't much more help - lol

http://www.laacademia.tv/4tageneracion/

<edit>
I translated some of the page - I guess I was right. Kind of a different reality show:

It is a musical interactive project apt for all the family who has like main essence the commitment, the honesty, the learning and the arduous work of the 18 aspirings to fulfill a dream and a goal: to be the new and great musical launching of Aztec TV, which will be crystallized through the healthy competition of every day. The format of the Academy leaves from three basic elements: · the total isolation: Without contact some with the world, these 9 men and 9 women will have to live in the Academy, without telephones, television, radio, newspapers, magazines or any other mass media; and exclusively they will be dedicated to its professional formation like singers. Its only contact with the outside will be the day of the concert in which they will appear in public to sing. · Learning: Through song classes, choreography, vocal style, dramatic art, psychologist, languages, each student learns through his daily effort how to get to be a professional singer with the consultant's office of six expert teachers who day to day evaluate them and they instruct them in his formation like professional singers. · the concert: All Sundays each student will sing live front to a great audience with the purpose of demonstrating to the public his advances in his daily learning within the Academy, with this the public will vote via telephone and will decide the student who will be expelled from the school with base in the smaller number of votes than he receives.

Shawn

I've been watching this also, makes me wish i knew spanish. It seems like american idol meets big brother. No commercials but the whole house seems to be littered with ads. Makes me want to buy a chevy lol.

My fiance is addicted to it. She said the same thing - "makes me wish I could speak spanish".

I guess now my FTA setup isn't the stupid ugly dish out back any more :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)