Anyone get a better price if trying to disconnect?

boch82

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 21, 2005
I keep getting calls from Cablevision trying to get me to switch back and leave verizon. They are offering to buy me out of the contract with Verizon, the triple play, gold package (all the premiums), and dvr for $125 locked in for 2 years.

Does anyone have experience trying to leave Verizon and see if they will match or beat the price. I really like fios better but cant justify paying $60 more a month for it.

I keep getting calls from Cablevision trying to get me to switch back and leave verizon. They are offering to buy me out of the contract with Verizon, the triple play, gold package (all the premiums), and dvr for $125 locked in for 2 years.

Does anyone have experience trying to leave Verizon and see if they will match or beat the price. I really like fios better but cant justify paying $60 more a month for it.

I've never heard of anyone getting a better price than what they already have. I honestly don't even know if they have a "retention" dept at all.

verizon has a elite disconnect group.

totally incompetent, reps have little ability to do anything. faced with my solid complaints they stand firmly behind company policy.

I am perfectly happy with Verizon servce price and outstanding Picture quality. I also like their totally unencrypted channels.

verizon has a elite disconnect group.

totally incompetent, reps have little ability to do anything. faced with my solid complaints they stand firmly behind company policy.
Has there ever been anything you didnt complain about? Companies should pay you not to subscribe! You have been complaining about Verizon for over a year!!! get over it!!

Agreed...add me to the millions of other perfectly satisfied FiOS customers. The only problem area seems to be in Bob's neck-of-the-woods in PA.

I am very satisfied with Fios and would prefer to keep it, I just dont know if it is really worth the extra $60 a month over cable

Hey Dude,just be happy you have a choice!I'm stuck with the only choice I have which is Northland Cable.Their 2-99 channels is worse than OTA and they said that's the best it gets.They are 15$ to 20$ higher than all the other cable companies on every service they offer.The only reason I stick with them for now is BB and the 768/256 is 40$ even with their triple play.For 120$ a month I get 55 analog(I mean analog) channels,phone service that breaks up if you are online,768/25 BB speed.I just wish I had choices to complain about!Sorry about my ranting,anyway "Happy Thanksgiving." overtimeman

FIOS internet is rock solid, fios tv appears ok but lacks skip for easy commercial avoidance.

fios phone must be fine as long as it works, but have any tech trouble and you are screwed. even though tech one put in records he duplicated problem with house completely disconnected, every phone tech said it must be your interior home wiring.

yeah i hate verizon fios phone, after having trouble for 2 months calling EVERY DAY FOR 3 WEEKS, having to esclate it to the presidents office twice to finally get a network tech to fix it in 10 minutes. bad noisey router just like tech one reported on his first visit.........

verizon fios sucks......... incompetent tech support

I have found that FiOS techs online have been very helpful with no complaints yet. When I needed help (great or small), they are quick and helpful. I have had issues with different phone support lines that I can't say that it is just one company. Plus I know for a fact that some of the employees have worked for both Cox and VZ at some point. Some even more than that. Not all techs are bad or clueless. Some are very knowledgeable and don't deserve to be bunched with the bottom 20% in each department.

keep in mind with vz you get all the on demands included with cablevision each one is an extra $5 also the dvr is free for a year then they bill you for it. Also same thing for the internet they(cablevision) give you boost free for one year then you pay for that also.

Has there ever been anything you didnt complain about? Companies should pay you not to subscribe! You have been complaining about Verizon for over a year!!! get over it!!

Pot, meet kettle! ;)

I am perfectly happy with Verizon servce price and outstanding Picture quality. I also like their totally unencrypted channels.

Do you mean like cable companies that have the lower tier unscrambled so that you don't need any box for those channels?

Do you mean like cable companies that have the lower tier unscrambled so that you don't need any box for those channels?
no EVERY channel is wide open. Any 3rd party device with a cable card can record or transfer the program to a computer. Doing it now with my TivoHD units.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)