Anyone Get Their Refund Check Yet?

eschu97611

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 4, 2004
L.A. CA
Switched to lease from charter sub on 04/01 and have STILL not received my $810.00 check or credit for my equipment yet-going on 4 weeks now!-anyone else who made "the switch" get their refund yet?-when is it too early I wonder to start rattling cages over this-you know the saying "squeaky wheel" and all that.

No Refund!

So after 4 weeks myself NO REFUND of $530.00 Now Voom is telling me I will get my $21.00 back????? What $21.00????

They took the equipment and my $530.00 and now refuse to talk to me about it! Crazy Anyway I did email Wilt and we will see if they can help.

I would advise to stay clear of Voom if this is how they are going to act!

Now I have to fight them with my credit card company as voom is still billing me as well for serivce that I don't even have the gear to get???!!!

CRAZY!
John

John,

welcome. What was the reason they gave you to only refund you $21? Did they pick up all the equipment? Did you get paper proof that all equipment was picked up by installer?

It just does not make sense that they will not refund you without a reason. That's not the way they operate.

Wow, voomrefund

how fortunate for you to join today!!! Join Date: 05-25-2004 . And find this thread 17 minutes after it was created!!! And with a name like that? go figure!

I hope you get your check soon.

What does Voom say about it? I cant believe they wont talk to you about it?

I suggest the foillowing:

1. call your credit card company, tell them you lost your card and ask for a new account with a new number.

2. call voom, tell them to start cutting the check or their reciever is going on ebay to recover the money. They will then threaten you with charging your cc for the reciever. Tell them that account doesnt exist. If they dont deal then, id put their reciever up for auction.

vurbano said:
What does Voom say about it? I cant believe they wont talk to you about it?

I suggest the foillowing:

1. call your credit card company, tell them you lost your card and ask for a new account with a new number.

2. call voom, tell them to start cutting the check or their reciever is going on ebay to recover the money. They will then threaten you with charging your cc for the reciever. Tell them that account doesnt exist. If they dont deal then, id put their reciever up for auction.

I could not of said it better!!

Status

Let me clear up a few things, #1 the $21.00 is for who knows what??? I have asked and all they have told me is that is a refund for the $21.00 I sent them? Yet I did not send them $21.00 I paid $530.00 up front.

#2 They took the IRD and dish back when they did the deinstall. The problem is that vooms system does not show the full $530.00 I call them daily and after they "look into it" they freak out and say, OH MY you DID pay in full. You refund will be in 24 hours... they have given me that story about 10 times now.

Also they keep saying they will call me back and that the head of customer service is going to call to clear this up but sad to say nothing, natta no calls!

I did email Wilt and he stated he will clear this up so who knows maybe he will be able to fix this?

Anyway the funny part is they keep sending me bills for $21.00 for service for the month of May?? I have like 6 of them now and they are all the same. Also they keep calling me asking what is a good time to do the install?????

It is clear to me that the whole thing is a big misunderstanding and a mixup but at the end of each day I am still out $530.00 bucks and have nothing to show for it. They even took the long phone cord so I can't even say I have the worlds most $$$ Phone line....

I will keep you guys posted.
John

Funny, supposedly one in five customers drops VOOM. You would think they would have the refund routine worked out.
Wilt is a good guy and I would let him have a chance first. He usually sorts out messes. But if that fails call your states attorney generals office. If they are not honoring a warranty or money back guarantee they can be prosecuted for consumer fraud.

VoomRefun,

I know you feel frustrated about it and I do not know the whole story except for what you posted here. You said in the beginning that you have waited for 4 weeks already. In my experience (since I got refunded as well) was that it took them 6-8 weeks for the credit to appear in my CC. As rrt2 pointed out if it is in Wilt's hand, he will make sure that it goes to the proper person so that you can get refunded. Believe you will.

Wilt is the man!

So today I get an email from Lori Hinchman with voom and she stated that she has credited my card today. However I did check and still no credit but it could take a few days I guess for it to hit the card?

Anyway this is all I wanted was a person to tell me that the credit has been done and not just keep telling me to wait and I will get a call that never happens.

I guess Wilt is the man.

I will post when I get the credit itself.
John

Hmmm, no credit yet?

Well I called my credit card company today and they stated that Voom has not yet sent the credit?

I will post the moment they do but I am starting to think that maybe Voom has some customer service problems.

What is funny is when I paid the $530 it only took one phone call and 8 seconds to see it hit my card.

The credit however is taking about 15 phone calls (and counting) a half dozen emails (and counting) a dozen "we will call you backs" and still no credit.

UPDATE: Voom just called my house and asked when they could come out to do the install! How whacky that even after all of this they still keep calling me for the install??????

Crazy
John

Oh My God!

Debit Card Purchase To RAINBOW DBS/RECURRING 516-364-8400 NY -$21.22 USD May 28, 2004

THEY JUST BILLED ME AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So now not only NO CREDIT but they just keep on charging me!

I think I am going to have to look at legal action at this point.

John

VOOMREFUND,

keep your head cool. You spoke to Lori, right? Did she give you her phone number? Try to give her a call once again. She is working on it. Let her know that the transaction has hit your CC again so that she can track the problem. It may be an automated system problem.

Credit Nas Now Come In!

After all of this crazy stuff I have been dealing with the credit posted today.

Odd that you have to battle like this to get a credit, what I hope is that they dont keep trying to bill me.

John