Anyone Get THIS Letter?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Boondockbill said:
"Dude", I just got a year's worth of DNS, east coast feed, from my C Band programmer. And that's was 2-hours ago. Then called D* and they said it's an "agreement" between the networks and D*. So you see, it's not the "law" but rather closed-door, backroom politics.

What you aren't getting is that C Band isn't included in the law. And when did anyone believe what a CSR at D* says? :eek:

does this letter affect my motorhome waiver?
I might be driving to the east coast and back to the west coast

bonscott87 said:
What you aren't getting is that C Band isn't included in the law. And when did anyone believe what a CSR at D* says? :eek:

Why isn't C Band included?

Boondockbill said:
Why isn't C Band included?

Most likely because there are less then 500,000 C Band subs (if that) nowadays and it shrinks every month. Just not enough to worry about.

If you want the real answer you need to talk to your congressman. Didn't I already say that? ;) Seriously, congress are the ones who made this law, only they could tell you why they didn't include C Band into their law. Somehow I don't think congress has a good track record of making laws that make sense. :no

bonscott87 said:
Most likely because there are less then 500,000 C Band subs (if that) nowadays and it shrinks every month. Just not enough to worry about.

If you want the real answer you need to talk to your congressman. Didn't I already say that? ;) Seriously, congress are the ones who made this law, only they could tell you why they didn't include C Band into their law. Somehow I don't think congress has a good track record of making laws that make sense. :no

When I bought my C Band dish there were over 7 million subscribers. Then the pizza dishes came in and offered alot of C Band'rs good incentives to join the pizza dish club.n It was inevitable. I held on to my C Band system anyway. Have also had DISH, VOOM, and DIRECTV Hi Def systems. I still get some great 1st generation viewing on the BUD, most notably, eastern network feeds. The pic isn't HD but it's vastly superior to any digital SD pic. I can live with it. Moral of story - don't believe everything the salesman tells you about the next big thing. And don't be held hostage to any one medium.

Status
Please reply by conversation.