Anyone Get THIS Letter?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Boondockbill said:
"Dude", I just got a year's worth of DNS, east coast feed, from my C Band programmer. And that's was 2-hours ago. Then called D* and they said it's an "agreement" between the networks and D*. So you see, it's not the "law" but rather closed-door, backroom politics.

What you aren't getting is that C Band isn't included in the law. And when did anyone believe what a CSR at D* says? :eek:

does this letter affect my motorhome waiver?
I might be driving to the east coast and back to the west coast

bonscott87 said:
What you aren't getting is that C Band isn't included in the law. And when did anyone believe what a CSR at D* says? :eek:

Why isn't C Band included?

Boondockbill said:
Why isn't C Band included?

Most likely because there are less then 500,000 C Band subs (if that) nowadays and it shrinks every month. Just not enough to worry about.

If you want the real answer you need to talk to your congressman. Didn't I already say that? ;) Seriously, congress are the ones who made this law, only they could tell you why they didn't include C Band into their law. Somehow I don't think congress has a good track record of making laws that make sense. :no

bonscott87 said:
Most likely because there are less then 500,000 C Band subs (if that) nowadays and it shrinks every month. Just not enough to worry about.

If you want the real answer you need to talk to your congressman. Didn't I already say that? ;) Seriously, congress are the ones who made this law, only they could tell you why they didn't include C Band into their law. Somehow I don't think congress has a good track record of making laws that make sense. :no

When I bought my C Band dish there were over 7 million subscribers. Then the pizza dishes came in and offered alot of C Band'rs good incentives to join the pizza dish club.n It was inevitable. I held on to my C Band system anyway. Have also had DISH, VOOM, and DIRECTV Hi Def systems. I still get some great 1st generation viewing on the BUD, most notably, eastern network feeds. The pic isn't HD but it's vastly superior to any digital SD pic. I can live with it. Moral of story - don't believe everything the salesman tells you about the next big thing. And don't be held hostage to any one medium.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)