Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ransack

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 13, 2003
Virginia
Just curious if anyone gets HD locals for Wash DC with D*. I see that the only O&O stations are NBC 4 and Fox 5 (WTTG). I am having a hard time finding which HD locals are available with D*.

There are no HD locals available from D*. Only the national feeds from NY/LA.

When the spaceway birds go up later this year, D* will begin providing LiL (local into local) HD channels.

Any DC HD channels you want to acquire will have to be gotten OTA.

If you have an OTA Antennae try to rescan for channels in your area.

You do that within one of the Menu Screen and you can type in your Zip Code.

You will then get all the channels in you zip code. I was missing Local HD channels cause the Tech that did the install didn't notify me of this.

chrisb said:
There are no HD locals available from D*. Only the national feeds from NY/LA.

When the spaceway birds go up later this year, D* will begin providing LiL (local into local) HD channels.

Any DC HD channels you want to acquire will have to be gotten OTA.

Would that mean that i would be eligible to get only NBC on D*(East and West) in HD since it's an O&O station in my market? What about Fox?

Ransack said:
Would that mean that i would be eligible to get only NBC on D*(East and West) in HD since it's an O&O station in my market? What about Fox?
Yes, Fox and NBC are O&O for Washington, DC and you will be able to receive the national HD feed from NY. You will only receive the East feed though not East & West.

Speaking of WRC

Is anyone having recent trouble picking up Ch. 4.1 using an OTA antenna? As of Friday last week I was receiving with no problem, and I live within .75 mile of the tower.

ams1500 said:
Is anyone having recent trouble picking up Ch. 4.1 using an OTA antenna? As of Friday last week I was receiving with no problem, and I live within .75 mile of the tower.

Are you in NYC? If so, rescan your zip code then scan for channels in the cable/antenna section of the setup menu. NBC has switched from 30 Rock to the ESB.

jburroughs said:
Yes, Fox and NBC are O&O for Washington, DC and you will be able to receive the national HD feed from NY. You will only receive the East feed though not East & West.

Thanks for the info....

jburroughs said:
Don't count your chickens yet. I live in northern Virginia, and even though the Washington, DC, NBC affiliate is O&O, the Baltimore affiliate transmits a Grade B signal (in their opinion) to this area, so I'm ineligible for the NY feed. With the new DNS legislation, that all may change. DirecTV says that if they offer local into local service for your area, then you're ineligible for DNS. It doesn't explicitly say whether this applies to HD feeds, and I'm still getting FOX HD, so who knows.
:confused:

Since i live 65 miles southwest of DC, the Balitmore situation should not affect me like it does you (am i correct?). It's nice to know you have Fox HD though.

Ransack said:
Since i live 65 miles southwest of DC, the Balitmore situation should not affect me like it does you (am i correct?). It's nice to know you have Fox HD though.
No, I wouldn't think that you'd be affected by the Baltimore Grade B signal. I'm only about 25 miles southwest of DC.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts