Anyone go from UTV to DTivo?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
G

Original poster
I have had Ultimate TV for a couple of flawless years. I wouldn't want to change to DTivo other than the fact that the deals are very good right now and who knows how much longer they will provide service to UTV?
I would like to hear from anyone who has made this move. Any regrets?
If you are glad you made the move, what is it about DTivo that is better than UTV?

I did Ken. I was reluctant to switch but I had a $100 gift certificate to BB and was afraid these great deals would vanish before my eyes. The Tivo guide is ok but doesn't match up with the UTV EPG. I'm using the DirecTV guide and it takes 2-3 seconds to fill the screen. Overall, I would say that the Tivo is not better than UTV, just different, more user friendly. I'm saving $5 bucks a month on the fee as well.

Ultimate TV - D* Tivo

I still have the Ultimate TV unit and love the Picture in Picture feature. I'm considering D* Tivo, but they still dont have that feature. Any news on whether DirecTV will come out with a new Tivo box with PIP??

I moved from UTV to DTivo. I like both units, when I want the PIP feature I miss UTV, as you may have read with DTivo youstill need two receivers. The reason I switched about 2 years ago is the the service see is only half @ 4.99 and I like the whole Season Pass feature.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)