Anyone Gotten A 722 Under DIU Yet?

WiCkeDuDe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 16, 2005
Utah
Sorry for the long post but I want to make sure I have my ducks in a row before I call Dish.

I am a 5 year customer, own all my dish equipment, never leased or used DIU before. On the Dish network site it says I can get a 722 shipped to me for $149 and then a $100 rebate so it would be $49. How do I get it and what is the $100 rebate for?

My current setup:
522 (Owned) Receiver
Top 250/ w locals 57.99
DVR Fee 5.98
Phone Connected 0.00
Total: 63.97

Seems to me DVR Advantage would also be better for me. Let me know if I am mistaken here but if I DIU a 722 and change to DVR advantage with HD my monthly charges should be:

722 Lease Fee (Primary Receiver) 0.00
522 Owned Addn Rec 5.00
DVR Fee for 522 5.98
DVR Advantage 250 with Locals 59.99
HD Pack 20.00
Phone Connect 0.00
Total 90.97

Should the 722 not be the primary so the $6.00 would be waived and my owned 522 could be the secondary receiver with only one DVR fee under DVR advantage? If these figures are really correct then I think ill just lease a 722 rather than pay through the nose for it.

Has anyone ordered DIU the last few days and gotten a 722? I do not want to do this deal if I get a 622 again. Anyone see a mistake I made or had problems getting a 722?

Thanks!

Has anyone ordered DIU the last few days and gotten a 722? I do not want to do this deal if I get a 622 again. Anyone see a mistake I made or had problems getting a 722?

Thanks!

FWIW I had a 722 installed this morning, I had a 722 replace a 942 and a 622 replace a 510, I must say that I am very impressed with the picture quality of the HD channels from the 722.

Sorry for the long post but I want to make sure I have my ducks in a row before I call Dish.

I am a 5 year customer, own all my dish equipment, never leased or used DIU before. On the Dish network site it says I can get a 722 shipped to me for $149 and then a $100 rebate so it would be $49. How do I get it and what is the $100 rebate for?

722 Lease Fee (Primary Receiver) 0.00
522 Owned Addn Rec 5.00
DVR Fee for 522 5.98
DVR Advantage 250 with Locals 59.99
HD Pack 20.00
Phone Connect 0.00
Total 90.97
Thanks!

I think you will find the lease to be $199, the $149 is for a 622. The $100 rebate is just a way for Dish to use $100 of your money for a while!
You will wind up paying $99. You will also have a lease fee for the 722.
In the fine print you will find that any HD receiver requires a lease fee whether it is primary or not. I'm not sure, maybe if you call the 522 the primary receiver you may get away with no additional fee for it.

I think you will find the lease to be $199, the $149 is for a 622. The $100 rebate is just a way for Dish to use $100 of your money for a while!
You will wind up paying $99. You will also have a lease fee for the 722.
In the fine print you will find that any HD receiver requires a lease fee whether it is primary or not. I'm not sure, maybe if you call the 522 the primary receiver you may get away with no additional fee for it.

I placed an order today. The cost quoted for the 722 is $199, the rate listed on the website for me for an HD-DVR is $149, so the website hasn't been updated with accurate info on the cost to update to the 722.

I got conflicting info from CSR's concerning the lease fee. Last night when I called, the CSR stated that there would be a monthly lease fee for the 722, but when I called today to place the order, I was told there wouldn't be one, since it would be my only receiver. The wording on the website states:

"Monthly equipment rental fee of $6.00 for HD receivers; $5.00 monthly equipment rental fee for all other models will apply for each receiver activated beyond the first."

Notice the last 3 words. To me that indicates that one of your receivers should be exempt from the lease fee. The only way to know for sure is after the bill arrives. I am going to complain if I do get charged a lease fee.

Last edited:
722 under DIU is $199. There is the standard $6 (?) lease fee.

Unfortunately many of the CSR are not up to speed.

722 > 622 but only you can decide if it is worth another $200 and another 18 month lock-in with Dish.

I placed an order today. The cost quoted for the 722 is $199, the rate listed on the website for me for an HD-DVR is $149, so the website hasn't been updated with accurate info on the cost to update to the 722.

I got conflicting info from CSR's concerning the lease fee. Last night when I called, the CSR stated that there would be a monthly lease fee for the 722, but when I called today to place the order, I was told there wouldn't be one, since it would be my only receiver. The wording on the website states:

"Monthly equipment rental fee of $6.00 for HD receivers; $5.00 monthly equipment rental fee for all other models will apply for each receiver activated beyond the first."

Notice the last 3 words. To me that indicates that one of your receivers should be exempt from the lease fee. The only way to know for sure is after the bill arrives. I am going to complain if I do get charged a lease fee.

Yes, but-but-but notice the first part of the sentence, "rental fee of $6.00 for HD receivers" (as opposed to non HD receivers as I read it). I have a lonely 622, no other receivers and I pay a $6 rental fee. You also get a $5.98 charge for a DVR unless you choose the DVR Advantage option.

Hmm. Others have told me that the their primary 622 has no lease fee. I found the DIU promotion rules in another thread that clearly states no lease fee as seen herehttp://www.satelliteguys.us/attachment.php?attachmentid=14916&d=1172513576"]
Perhaps this has been changed once again. I wouldnt mind doing this upgrade for $99, but I dont really want to roll the dice with CSR's and hope I get a 722. Is writing to ceo@echostar.com the best idea here or to call in and go to tech support. Its amazing how many different answers have for these fees. I wish dish could just make something simple for once.

FWIW I had a 722 installed this morning, I had a 722 replace a 942 and a 622 replace a 510, I must say that I am very impressed with the picture quality of the HD channels from the 722.

Could you look at the HDMI connectors on the ViP622 & ViP722, and see if there are any differences? Is it mounted more securely to the case or motherboard on the ViP722?

They look the same to me, but I did notice that the boxes are very warm on the sides. The 722 is the first pic and uses the hdmi output.

Attachments

• satellite 013.JPG
    satellite 013.JPG
    143.5 KB · Views: 210
  • satellite 014.JPG
    satellite 014.JPG
    149.9 KB · Views: 222
I e-mailed Dish Exec Relations about upgrades because I needed 2x VIP211 and 1xVIP722 on DIU. I asked about the breakdown of pricing including keeping my 311 active that I owned.

I said:

Also, based on my math, My new pricing would be:

DVR Advantage Top 250 + Locals - 59.99
DishHD - 20.00
2 Premiums for 22 (HBO, Starz) - 22.00
Additional Receiver Fee (311) - 5.00
Additional Receiver Fee (VIP211) - 6.00
Additional Receiver Fee (VIP211) - 6.00
Taxes and Fees - 4.75
-------

Dish Exec Relations said back:
>Yes, the pricing would be $123.74 per month with what was described
>below.

BTW I did not get my VIP722 yet since I just sorted this out today. They told me 7-10 days but I'm hoping less.. obviously.. :)

They tried to convince me I needed a truck roll, but come to find out their system had it marked that I only had 110 and 119 sats available and they had to adjust my account to say I had 61.5 too. The guy at Exec Relations was adamant about it until he asked someone else and found out the bug in the system.

I did have to get a bit rough with my words to make it known that I had no interest in a truck roll and just wanted my stuff.

I hope I get a HDMI cable with the deal. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)