Anyone have a 625 yet?

You can take pictures of it, but it will just look like a 522. :) The VOD feature is not activated yet, but they hope to have it working within 2 weeks.

Scott Greczkowski said:
You can take pictures of it, but it will just look like a 522. :) The VOD feature is not activated yet, but they hope to have it working within 2 weeks.

Found that out.. and my luck... the customer who got it barely had grasp of how channel up/down works. DVR education took 45 minutes. ugh.

I installed one today did not see any thing different than the 522 but did not have time to play with it. I picked up 3 at about 11:30 today about to get the book out of one and do some reading looks like a 522 just says 625. Wish I had more time to play with the one I put in but had another install to do.

bcshields said:
Found that out.. and my luck... the customer who got it barely had grasp of how channel up/down works. DVR education took 45 minutes. ugh.

I am very impressed that you took the time to show them. That was not my original experience with my install or my friends. After I figured it out, I had to go over and educate my friend. Thanks for showing me that at least some installers still care enough to at least show the customers the basics.

I am an installation tech and have one to play with for a few days. I won't be able to activate it but here are a couple of "pitchers" for your edification. It looks like a 522, feels like 522 and .....

The only difference I noticed so far is that the option 9 that we had other ideas for is now Dish on Demand. I am not sure if it will download any movies until it is activated.

Never done this before...

First picture is a 522 on top of a 625.

Second is the 6-1-3 for the 625.

My apologies if this new guy did not upload the pictures.

Attachments

• IMAG0045.JPG
    IMAG0045.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 337
  • IMAG0046.JPG
    IMAG0046.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 337
Yes DishStore has received some 625's and will be getting more in tommorow.

We also got in more 942s.

Somethings are hard to keep in stock. :D

Our shop installed one last Sunday. The 625 is almost exactly the same as the 522 but with video on demand software coming. I wonder why they couldn't simply upgrade the 522 to a 522vod or something rather than create a whole new receiver number.

Well that sysinfo screen looks more like the 311 than the 522, but it's version L234 which the 522 never got. I wonder if they are identical once it takes the latest update.

I just got mine installed yesterday. New to the Dish, so I don't know any better! ;)

I found out though that it does NOT have a 250gb hdd as stated in several places. It has a 120gb hdd, just like the 522, see Disnetworks website for more.

It says 120GB on the website, but that might be an oversight as they appear to have just done a search & replace of 522 to 625 when they updated the page.

The product brochure does not mention actual hard drive size at all. It does however mention USB 1.1 (some had speculated it would be USB 2.0) http://www.dishnetwork.com/downloads/pdf/product_brochures/625_Prod_SheetWeb.pdf

I guess we just get to wait till somebody actually gets one, opens it up, and posts the specifics of what they find inside. My shot-in-the-dark guess is that this is a 522 with a Maxtor 4R160L0.

It is just a 522 with a larger hard drive.

No changes have been made to anything at all besides the hard drive, this includes the USB ports.

Scott Greczkowski said:
It is just a 522 with a larger hard drive.

No changes have been made to anything at all besides the hard drive, this includes the USB ports.
That's too bad. Can you imagine how pissed people will be when they pay and extra buck to watch a VOD movie with the same old video and audio glitches as the 522? :(
Unless the new HDD happens to fix these problems . . . .