Anyone have a picture like this?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Tvland1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 3, 2009
ohio
I've had my picture look like all green and pink a few times with 2 receivers..not that it happens very often maybe twice in 3 months.. Shutting receiver off and back on doesn't fix screen.Unplug and power back up does.Not really wanting to hassle with return.Am I the only one?

Attachments

• IMG_20200311_080335617.jpg
    IMG_20200311_080335617.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 507
I haven't seen anything like that, I'm thinking maybe HDMI cable, have you tried a different one? Maybe it's not plugged in all the way. Just a thought.

2 different TV's with 2 different receivers.Both non-DVR.It's happened twice on my older RCA using HDMI and I think three times on a 65" Samsung HDMI..I also noticed this last couple times that the receiver was left powered on without the TV being powered up.I always turn receiver off but wife forgets.I turn on the TV and that's what I'd see.Like I said before I just unplug the power on receiver and power back up and picture is fine..

I've had my picture look like all green and pink a few times with 2 receivers..not that it happens very often maybe twice in 3 months.. Shutting receiver off and back on doesn't fix screen.Unplug and power back up does.Not really wanting to hassle with return.Am I the only one?
We recently tried Orby and that happened twice on our living room receiver. Disconnecting power was the only solution. On the bright side it hasn't happened in a while.

We recently tried Orby and that happened twice on our living room receiver. Disconnecting power was the only solution. On the bright side it hasn't happened in a while.
Thanks for the reply.. At least now I know it's not just me.I figure it was something in the receiver.

Reactions: FTA4PA
I just had my regular receiver do that, and I unplugged the HDMI cable from the receiver and plugged back in ,and all was good, I guess I'll see if it happens again. It doesn't affect component cable output, only the HDMI output.

Mine done something similar a couple of times. Unplugging the HDMI cable and back in fixed it. I assumed it was a bad HDMI cable as it was an old one I had. I replaced it and have not seen it in a long time.

Mine done something similar a couple of times. Unplugging the HDMI cable and back in fixed it. I assumed it was a bad HDMI cable as it was an old one I had. I replaced it and have not seen it in a long time.
I tried that on both of mine the first time and didn't work.. That's when I pulled the power cable off receiver and repowered to get picture.. Can't get them to act up now..Figures

Reactions: FTA4PA
Well I switched the HDMI cable on my bedroom TV with a new cable about a week ago after it happened again and last night I turned on the TV with no sound..First I checked at the tv.Unplugged the hdmi on the TV and plugged back in.No sound.Turned off receiver and back on.. nothing.. Next unplugged the hdmi at receiver and sound came on.I'm totally convinced the problem is in the hdmi connector in the receiver.I'm not too impressed with the high quality build of the equipment.I have never had or even heard of hdmi cable doing what we're seeing...lol

Saw it with DirecTV Genie and minis on certain tvs.
Was told by by DTV ISS it's usually a handshake problem between the box and the tv.
The easiest solution. is component video connection, but unfortunately the Orby DVR does not have component video out.

Saw it with DirecTV Genie and minis on certain tvs.
Was told by by DTV ISS it's usually a handshake problem between the box and the tv.
The easiest solution. is component video connection, but unfortunately the Orby DVR does not have component video out.
Didn't realize there was no component on the box till you said it here. It's either HDMI or standard vid connection only. Glad my receiver has HDMI for most video inputs.